free website stats program Issue With Changing Transmission Fluid | Harley Davidson Forums

Issue With Changing Transmission Fluid

dklaus

Ok here is my issue. I changed all my fluid today, after I drained my tranny, I started to put in new oil, but it spit it right back out, what is causing this.

My guess is that you drained the engine oil, not the trans., and now are trying to fill what was already full. Trans. plug is the one closest to the right side frame rail on most bikes.

In case it's not what Breeze3at suggested could the tranny vent hose be plugged? just thinking out loud.

HD02FLHR017.gif

Here is your oil pan, The drain plug on the left is for the tranny

Ain't YouTube great! This is an easy job that saves beer or single malt money for very little effort. Even if you don't have an air compressor using a can of compressed air sold at a computer store works well also. In addition to the video, I always put some lube on the o-ring before I install the drain plug.

My guess is that you drained the engine oil, not the trans., and now are trying to fill what was already full. Trans. plug is the one closest to the right side frame rail on most bikes.

IF SO,,,,,What a MESS your going to Have... :(

Tranny plug IS covered with a support plate hiding it...Has a Hole to go IN and get out the tranny plug... on my 09 King and Probably the same on his 02 King...

Messy to change... I do stuff a paper towel around the Inner of that hole in the plate to allow MOST :cry the oil to come down and into the drain pan BEFORE removing the Plug...

signed....BUBBIE

I'm a little more pragmatic about getting oil on the bike when draining fluids. I drain it and when all is done, I spray some degreaser and hose it off. Works like a charm.
WAP.gif

Back