free website stats program Iso-grips or not? | Harley Davidson Forums

Iso-grips or not?

Kansasjase

I'm not crazy about them. I have a set on my bike (they came with it) and I don't really like"bubbly" feeling. I guess they're supposed to reduce vibration through the handlebars but I don't really know if that's a real issue on bikes these days.

Do they make a difference? If I switch to "regular" round grips, will I notice a difference in felt vibration? I like the simpler styles of grips but I'm willing to "tolerate" the iso-grips if they save my hands on long runs.

I have an 08 heritage with stock grips and I feel no vibrations or hand fatigue. Other than being a bit boring looking, no complaints at all. I am eventually going to get the clutch cable attachment that reduces the clutch lever tension...looks like an easy install.

Put a set on my ride and I love them. Don't know if they will save your hands in the long run, but I did notice a definate reduction in vibration. My riding buddy has a set on his bike and he no longer uses gloves when it's warm.

I have a slight problem with my fingers going numb. I put the ISO grips on and don't notice the numbness as much. My Iso's also have the little boss on the end, that may be helping as much as the soft Iso's.

i had them for 3 years on the heritage and they were comfortable but just a little too large for my hands especially with golves, i recently switched to the avon air cushion?? grips and so far i love them, they also have a set with the throttle boss which is great on long trips.
JP(onemorethatsit)

i had them for 3 years on the heritage and they were comfortable but just a little too large for my hands especially with golves, i recently switched to the avon air cushion?? grips and so far i love them, they also have a set with the throttle boss which is great on long trips.
JP(onemorethatsit)

I am putting the same grips on my bike. I sat on a bike a couple months ago that had the Avons on it and I loved the look and feel of them. They seem really comfortable.

I have the Cal Custom foam grips, nice feel, hardly any vibrations. biggest improvement was putting different risers on for me. Brought bars up about a 1" and back about 1 1/2".
Changed arm angle, I'm reaching for the grips anymore. Zero finger/hand tingling or numbing. Hope this helps.
wilks3

I like the iso grips and have them on all 3 bikes my bikes are all evo engines and the softail and sportster do vibrate a wee bit never a clear view in the mirrors but the hands are fine

Brian

+1 on the Isos. I've used them for years and really like both the feel and the looks of them. I've used other brands with "rubber" in them, but they would soon turn my palms black. The Isos don't do that. But your choice.

Back