free website stats program Is this Service Manual any good | Harley Davidson Forums

Is this Service Manual any good

The next new bike that ya buy, make them throw a service manual in on the deal. I have service manuals for 06, 07, and an 09. Wish I had an 08, but. They put up a fuss but do cave in. Anything to move product. Works great at the car dealerships also.....

As has been said you can't go wrong with the real deal, the HD Service Manual. It is very well written.

One draw back for me is that it is a thick document/book and would not stay open to the page I was reading unless I would lay a wrench across it. I solved that by removing each page from the soft cardboard binding. I carefully pulled each page out of the glue binding and 3 hole punched the entire manual so that it could be opened to any page and would stay open without placing something heavy in or on the page I was reading.

:s

I took mine to Kinkos and had them spiral bind it. I think I got this idea from someone here on the forum.:D It works great, to be able to open it up now and it lays flat.

I've used different service manuals, and they have decent information in them. But, there is no substitution for the real deal. Get the HD manual. With the small changes that they make to some components, it makes the 60 bucks well worth it.

Okay, I'll work from the other side...no manual means no information and more likely an unsuccessful maintenance or troubleshooting event. If you have no info, any resource, CD, manual, even library copy is better than nothing. But, you can use this forum to find the info you seek using the Self Help Tips or Search Tab by typing in keywords to find related threads or post your own from the Home page. Enjoy your search and rising up the learning curve...it is an awesome ride! :D

Back