Is this Service Manual any good

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Ridge, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Ridge

Ridge Member

2. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

There is nothing better than a manual from HD. Spend the $60. Its well worth it

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said!!

TQ

4. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

If you could see the two side by side, you'd go for the HD. More detailed and accurate info.

5. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

The HD manual is the best 60 bucks you'll ever spend on your bike.

6. mouthful

mouthful Active Member

The next new bike that ya buy, make them throw a service manual in on the deal. I have service manuals for 06, 07, and an 09. Wish I had an 08, but. They put up a fuss but do cave in. Anything to move product. Works great at the car dealerships also.....

7. R.Bingham

R.Bingham Active Member

I took mine to Kinkos and had them spiral bind it. I think I got this idea from someone here on the forum.:D It works great, to be able to open it up now and it lays flat.

8. glyd-n

glyd-n Junior Member

I've used different service manuals, and they have decent information in them. But, there is no substitution for the real deal. Get the HD manual. With the small changes that they make to some components, it makes the 60 bucks well worth it.

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Okay, I'll work from the other side...no manual means no information and more likely an unsuccessful maintenance or troubleshooting event. If you have no info, any resource, CD, manual, even library copy is better than nothing. But, you can use this forum to find the info you seek using the Self Help Tips or Search Tab by typing in keywords to find related threads or post your own from the Home page. Enjoy your search and rising up the learning curve...it is an awesome ride! :D