free website stats program Is this normal | Harley Davidson Forums

Is this normal

mqhybrid

I have 1600 km on my 09 sg. Some times when I am brakeing close to a stop
it feels as the brakes fail and the bike free wheels then will grab. I also have found that the rear brake does not seem to make much of a diff on the bike when i use is to slow. this may be normal because it is very heavy.

He might have a speed sensor going bad. This could be an indication of a bad sensor or some other problem.

NO, it is not normal. Get that braking system checked PRONTO! 2006 Fatboy did not have ABS...sounds like he has an old fashioned air bubble in his brake lines or worse swelled or sticky piston/seals in the master/caliper brake assemblies or even worse, contaminated fluid exhibiting eminent failure of the brake system!

says its on a 09 SG in first post

Yep, got it when I rechecked...even before I saw your two posts! You guys are quick!

Thanks for the input. Yes it does have ABS. I am a auto tech with toyota and have hybrid training so if it was ABS I would have to think that the abs light would come on and set a code. This does not happen all the time just kinda happens all the time. I guess I posted this because i have seen in the past on hear about rear brakes leaking on the new touring models. Like the sg. When I first got this bike I was able the get the rear wheel to lock up and kick the ABS on. I am not say ride like a jerk but its nice to know how the bike you are riding is going to act when some like abs comes on so that u don't get startled when riding. So in all i was hopping to mabye see that it was a common thing and that hoping the harley may have a fix. i do plan the take it to the dealer they want to look at this problem with its first service you know charge me to look at a problem that should be coverd under warr!

Back