free website stats program is this combo good ? | Harley Davidson Forums

is this combo good ?

looking for the right combo for my 09 streetglide, a little info first - limited product and less than limited bikes with upgrades in my area and NO dyno. the shop with the most experience in performance upgrades for all types of bikes and snowmobiles etc. recomends v&h monster ovals complete exhaust, k&n a/c, and pc5. i may do the 103 upgrade in th future, what do you guys think of this set up? and are any of you using the v&h monster ovals i want a deep sound not to loud but a decent rumble. pros and cons welcome, thanks in advance

Sounds like good suggestions to me, all the parts you listed are quality. Go someplace where bikers gather and look for someone with those pipes to see if you like the sound :s

The monster ovals have great sound under acceleratoion but wont kill ypur ears at speed.Sounds like a good combo.

Sounds like good suggestions to me, all the parts you listed are quality. Go someplace where bikers gather and look for someone with those pipes to see if you like the sound :s

i frequent the local tims and places but have yet to see this exhaust system or any of the combo i have listed, i have heard a set of bub 7 on a streetglide with sert and se a/c and i wasn't impressed at all i thought they would be louder and the tone was more of a pop or crack instead of a rumble, i have a set of bub jughuggers on my 92 fatboy - they sound good!

does the monster ovals have a different/louder note at idle than the stock system? or just when you get on the juice?

I heard a set of V&H ovals the other night. Not sure if they were "monster ovals". At idle they were that low rumble you are looking for. On accelleration they weren't especially loud but I'm sure they would be louder than stock.

I just installed a set of monster ovals and a power comander v along with the se air cleaner on a 2009 ultra bike sounds grate nice rummble. and much better trottle response

My '09 Ultra came with K&N, V&H ovals and a power commander. Nice package and great sound! Deep rumble at idle and u can really hear it when you get it on.

My riding buddy has the monsters on his 09 SG. Nice deep rumble and sound great when on the gas. Radio friendly and the police ignore him too, very nice looking mufflers excelent crhome and know bluing yet at 6500 miles.

Back