free website stats program is this bike worth it?? 2000 heritage softail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

is this bike worth it?? 2000 heritage softail

Too many people think that if they add $5000 in extras that the bike is now worth $5000 higher than book value. As stated above, if the options are what you are looking for you may be willing to pay a higher price for the bike but not many people will pay over resale price for extras. The dealers were getting a premium over MSRP for some models and people were paying it. If we would all just let the item sit there the dealers would learn from experience that the public doesn't like to be gouged.

I just bought a 2000 Heritage Softail Classic a month ago and paid $9500.
15,000 miles, pearl white paint in excellent condition, chrome everywhere, I love this bike. Starts right now. Carbuerated. Hope this helps.
Animal

Its kind of strange but used bikes at Space Coast Harley were more than new go figure I would shop around lots of good deals out there now its too bad some people arte upside down in bike payments now making it a buyers market

i'm considering all your thoughts, the bikes very clean, looks new, perfect shape.(flawless) but your right. i told him ,let me look around and i'll let him know something soon.

i'm considering all your thoughts, the bikes very clean, looks new, perfect shape.(flawless) but your right. i told him ,let me look around and i'll let him know something soon.

I'm still really curious about what has(mechanically) been done to the bike? did you look to see what part of 1999 it was made?

Maybe send me a private msg..

concerned but nosey

signed....BUBBIE

i'll look monday, he'll drive it to work then. the bike runs awesome and with smoke the 883 badly!

i'll look monday, he'll drive it to work then. the bike runs awesome and with smoke the 883 badly!

COULD i suggest to ASK him these QUESTIONS

#1 ?
What is the build date stated on the frame neck on the bike.... is it AFTER 15 dec. 1999?

IF IT IS later (after dec 15 1999) it makes it MORE worth the asking price...... that date or BEFORE, and if the cam bearing not replaced LESS $$$

#2 ?
HAVE YOU had a look at (inspected) OR replaced the tension shoes on the cams chains? and what was the mileage if done?

asking these kind of questions will let him think YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF...

I can FEEL YOU REALLY want THIS bike.....

NOTHING WRONG with that, but I'm trying to show YOU HOW to get the BEST DEAL on this bike..... and one that WON"T NEED a bunch of $$$ work on it in the NEAR FUTURE... 41,000 miles on this bike and IF answers are NO to the questions I SUGGEST to ASK HIM (listed above) might make HIM DROP PRICE so YOU can afford to do the repairs when You need to (soon)

Knowing the ANSWERS on above questions will tell you IF THE BIKE IS WORTH BUYING AT HIS PRICE....

If NOTHING has been done to it.... AND it is built on or before 12/15/99.

WITH YOU ASKING those questions MAYBE the price will come down $1000 to $1200 ...(should)

HOPE this will HELP YOU....

concerned
signed....BUBBIE

As mentioned above, it's a buyers market now and if you shop wisely, you can come up with a real good purchase.

Back