free website stats program Is this a good deal?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is this a good deal??

Is this a good deal? 2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Cl FLSTC with 43k miles, for $11950.00. Is 43k to many miles? What is too many miles for a Harley? What is your opinion on miles vs year? Is a newer model with more miles better than an older model with less miles? Help.....

Don't use KBB, most banks and dealers will use the NADA guide. Assuming your heritage has a windscreen and saddlebags, it's worth:

Base Price
$12,220 $15,275
Options
Fairing-Windshield Only $105 $120
Saddle Bags (Pair) $305 $325
TOTAL PRICE $12,630 $15,720

Suggested List: $18,455

NADA does not give you the option of entering mileage; which, is high IMO.

For me... the rider makes the difference not the miles or age of the bike...
A bad riding technique can make the bike a mess in a few thousand miles or a smooth riding can make it go for a thousand miles with only periodic maintenance...

Allow me to play devil's advocate here. Many have said the miles are too high. Well, the 2010's are almost out so a 2007 is a 3 year old model now. 43K is less than 15k a year. There are LOTS of folks on here that put that kind of mileage on their bikes and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from 99% of them. As someone said, the main factor is how it was ridden AND maintained. How well do you know the owner and the history of the bike? Does it have lots of extras that you would want anyways? Remember, the price is always an asking price.

Back