free website stats program is this a good deal. engine kit and labor | Harley Davidson Forums

is this a good deal. engine kit and labor

JJDH

im looking to do an engine kit on my 2010 street glide.. i currently have a 96ci and it makes 76.5 hp with the stage 1 , d and d boss 2 into one, heavy breather, se super tuner.... here is the kit im lookin at, i just dont kno that much yet, is this a good deal.... would the 103 be better, advice is needed...

2007 and later 113” Kit - $4670 plus tax

Kit includes 4.060” cylinders, high compression pistons, 260 cams, CNC Ported Maximum Velocity Area Heads, perfect fit pushrods, 58mm throttle body, trued & welded flywheels, case boring, Timken conversion, Automatic Compression Releases gaskets, fluids, cylinder boring and labor.:small3d004:

Sounds pretty fair, my buddy paid almost 5000.00 to take his 07 RG to a 103 I believe. That was using the stock flywheels I think to. Does that include labor? Guess i should have read it all, that does not sound bad at all.

does anyone kno if there are any reliability issues with doing this type of kit to the engine? will more need to be done to handle the increased power???

hobbit, are there any downsides to doing this kind of work? is machining the cases a bad idea?

You know that a good ole 103 kit with say a andrews 37 cams will net close to 100hp and 100 tq with a tuner, all depends on what you want, I assume this is going to be done by a indy, so the moco will deny any warr issuesthat will occur, always a little downside to when you go to big in a build to, just ask towboat trash, $14,000 and 2 blown engines, don't make sense to me.

JJDH, I think that anytime you modify a motor and push the limits of what you are starting with always creates a reliability issue. My friends bike at 12000 miles blew head gaskets, although you may never have a problem, but if you are looking for reliability I would leave it stock. Anytime you start modifying you will always have a chance for problems. My next bike will be stock motor and maybe a exhaust and air cleaner change. That is it, I want to ride and not have it in the shop. Of course this may be a result of my experience with my motor. Good Luck.

ok. the dealer has this kit for a winter time deal. being the speed not that i am my main goal is definately more power, also more than 100 hp, got to be in that club:D.. how much power will the 103 kit u spoke of hobbit put out? the dealer is also offering this kit...2007 and later 103” Kit with Heads - $2705 plus tax

Kit includes Century Heads, high compression pistons, 260 cams, adjustable pushrods, cylinder boring, gaskets, fluids, and labor

JJDH, 1 thing to remember, if you are racing someone straight line, then you need all the power you can get, but if you are just looking to enjoy the bike and get some extra HP, be moderate and go for engine longevity. Just rode with a guy that has a 2010 with a 103" motor stock, I have a 95" with cams and heads, he could not keep up, so alot also depends on the rider, I like to push mine pretty hard.

JJDH, 1 thing to remember, if you are racing someone straight line, then you need all the power you can get, but if you are just looking to enjoy the bike and get some extra HP, be moderate and go for engine longevity. Just rode with a guy that has a 2010 with a 103" motor stock, I have a 95" with cams and heads, he could not keep up, so alot also depends on the rider, I like to push mine pretty hard.
i run the snot out of it... more torque, over 100hp, thats my goal. the stock 103 motor isnt as good as a kit, also the stock 110 only makes 86hp on the dyno. just trying to figure the right kit.. i would just buy a jims engine or somethn, thats more dough than i want to spend

I understand, but with case boring and all that stuff, could cost you in the long run. But it is your money you should get what makes you happy, if you are looking for total power, I would look at the Zippers Performance kits, not the Harley S.E. kits. Home

Back