free website stats program Is there such thing as a "stock" HD? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there such thing as a "stock" HD?

Randall, I have some more pictures posted in this thread.

Other Interest Hobbies - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Community

Jim probably has about 30 cars or so. Maybe more. He has the car that he was driving when he met his wife from way back when. He likes to keep them original. He has some awesome 1930's Cadillac's, fords & chevy's from the early 1900's to the 1960's. He even has a 1972? Cadillac in there. Now that's pretty cool. :D Classic.

I think I could count on one hand and still have a few fingers left the bare bone stock Harleys that I have seen out on the road. Hard to find.

Randall, I have some more pictures posted in this thread.

Other Interest Hobbies - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Community

Jim probably has about 30 cars or so. Maybe more. He has the car that he was driving when he met his wife from way back when. He likes to keep them original. He has some awesome 1930's Cadillac's, fords & chevy's from the early 1900's to the 1960's. He even has a 1972? Cadillac in there. Now that's pretty cool. :D Classic.

Thanks, When my Grandpa met his wife he was in a horse and buggy.:laugh

It's VERY hard to keep a bike "stock".....the problem though is some of us get a little carried away........

Theultimatedresser.jpg

I bet if you ask him, the bike isn't finished yet!

Even further from stock, my wife gave me the headlamp(s) eye lids for my RK for Valentine's day. Of course, I couldn't install them w/o buying new rings for the 2 spots and the clip set for the headlamp. It turned out great and it's looking more retro w/each addition. Only one more, the lower front fender skirt looks chintzy to me. For my birthday, I asked the girls to get me the classic skirt with the "V" to match the chrome rider's foot board covers. Then I'm done (yeah right)!
WAP.gif

Even further from stock, my wife gave me the headlamp(s) eye lids for my RK for Valentine's day. Of course, I couldn't install them w/o buying new rings for the 2 spots and the clip set for the headlamp. It turned out great and it's looking more retro w/each addition. Only one more, the lower front fender skirt looks chintzy to me. For my birthday, I asked the girls to get me the classic skirt with the "V" to match the chrome rider's foot board covers. Then I'm done (yeah right)!

WAP.gif

Larry, thank you for the trip down memory lane with this post...and actually allowing us to witness a moment that Richard S was rendered "virtually" speechless...:laugh

Joy, thank you for sharing with us your incredible story and the museum invite, that "Stock" bike is a compliment in the highest degree to the HD art...

UnmodifiedRK.jpg

Only now am I recovering conciousness... :swoon :D

Last edited:
MAX picture size is 800 X 600.

Very few pics in this thread are anywhere near that size, all oversize.

It makes it very difficult to moderate a thread with the oversize pics.

Back