free website stats program Is there such thing as a "stock" HD? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there such thing as a "stock" HD?

the 94 sportster i got 4 years ago with 3659 miles on it was stock when i got it all i did was stage 1 changed all the tins ( wife wanted purple) with a larger tank i kept all the stock bits and they went with it

Brian

When I bought my RK in 2002, the salesman gave me a HD catologue, I remember being surprised it was free, how naive was I, $8000.00 later in accessories, and I still want the newest catologues!:newsmile093:

Is there anyone out there that has a completely stock Harley? I mean "completely". No handgrips, pin stripes, NADA!

To qualify, you have had to own the bike for a year or more.

We'll need pictures too.

BTW, mine is not stock. Even when I ordered it, I had to add a "few" essential do-dads out of the free parts catalog. I have so many HD "T" shirts, I can't close the dresser drawer.

Addicted (to accessories) too!
Larry

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE??!!:newsmile036::newsmile036:

It's VERY hard to keep a bike "stock".....the problem though is some of us get a little carried away........

Theultimatedresser.jpg
Richard, everytime I look at this picture I crack up laughing.

Okay, I almost forgot! I do know of one completely stock Harley Davidson Road King in the world. :)

Rich, this is sort of for you :s

UnmodifiedRK.jpg

This is in my uncle's museum in WV. Free to the public to stop in too BTW. Now for the really good part, here is the odometer.

UnmodRKOdometer.jpg

My uncle bought this bike just to display in his museum. If they need to move it around the building, they have to pick the back end up and set the wheel on a dollie. He made the techs at the HD dealer ship get it on the trailer with out rolling it. :) Granted, the dealership is only about 2.5 miles away, from day 1 my uncle said that bike will be a show piece for the museum, not to be ridden.

I used to think he should take it out and ride it in parades and such, but he kept claiming that as soon as you ride it, it's just another Harley. I'm really starting to understand his thinking now. You can't get much more stock than that. :s

He will start it up and let it run on occasion, keeps it on the battery tender all the time, checks the oil in it, & even lets me sit on it occasionally. :D :D

I keep saying, 'A girl can dream can't she?' I know, my RK is coming, I just have to find the right one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah Rich, it has 1 mile on it. The dealer had to take it around the block for the test when they got it. :)

And wow, Rich was speechless. :11:

If you are ever in the Huntington, WV area, PM me & I'll get you the info to stop by & check it out.

BTW, that invite goes for all. My uncle just likes to share a piece of the past with people. When he is there, he can tell you a story about every vehicle; and since he's retired, he can be there about any time. Just figure the rules are about the same as on the forum, foul language can get you removed. :)

RichardS;
I'm glad you weighed in. Afterall, this thread was dedicated to you. Hard to believe, a really truly "stock" HD.

Joyflyin:
You better warn your uncle about RichardS. If he goes to the museum to see that bike. I'm afraid he'll try and add some "goodies" he just happened to have in his garage!

Nah Rich, it has 1 mile on it. The dealer had to take it around the block for the test when they got it. :)

And wow, Rich was speechless. :11:

If you are ever in the Huntington, WV area, PM me & I'll get you the info to stop by & check it out.

BTW, that invite goes for all. My uncle just likes to share a piece of the past with people. When he is there, he can tell you a story about every vehicle; and since he's retired, he can be there about any time. Just figure the rules are about the same as on the forum, foul language can get you removed. :)

Beautiful ride. I live across the river in Proctorville, and didn't know about your Uncle's museum.

Okay, I almost forgot! I do know of one completely stock Harley Davidson Road King in the world. :)

Rich, this is sort of for you :s

UnmodifiedRK.jpg

This is in my uncle's museum in WV. Free to the public to stop in too BTW. Now for the really good part, here is the odometer.

UnmodRKOdometer.jpg

My uncle bought this bike just to display in his museum. If they need to move it around the building, they have to pick the back end up and set the wheel on a dollie. He made the techs at the HD dealer ship get it on the trailer with out rolling it. :) Granted, the dealership is only about 2.5 miles away, from day 1 my uncle said that bike will be a show piece for the museum, not to be ridden.

I used to think he should take it out and ride it in parades and such, but he kept claiming that as soon as you ride it, it's just another Harley. I'm really starting to understand his thinking now. You can't get much more stock than that. :s

He will start it up and let it run on occasion, keeps it on the battery tender all the time, checks the oil in it, & even lets me sit on it occasionally. :D :D

I keep saying, 'A girl can dream can't she?' I know, my RK is coming, I just have to find the right one. :)

Thanks for posting this... I have heard of folk like your uncle...interesing. What else does he keep in the museum? I love his choice of an HD for the museum, I've owned three Roadkings, hence very partial to this model. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back