free website stats program Is there such thing as a "stock" HD? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there such thing as a "stock" HD?

larryjmiller

Is there anyone out there that has a completely stock Harley? I mean "completely". No handgrips, pin stripes, NADA!

To qualify, you have had to own the bike for a year or more.

We'll need pictures too.

BTW, mine is not stock. Even when I ordered it, I had to add a "few" essential do-dads out of the free parts catalog. I have so many HD "T" shirts, I can't close the dresser drawer.

Addicted (to accessories) too!
Larry

Well I have a very good friend. He has told me time an again that his favorite Model Harley is the Electraglide Classic. He doesn't like the lowers and cares nothing about a CB so he prefers the Classic over the Ultra Classic. Now he tells me that in the event he bagged a Classic, that he would leave it stock....NAW, I ain't buying that for a skinny New York Minute.:newsmile055: I betcha he would do something to his machine...surely something!

Now I'm going to lay the cards on the table. My next machine will most likely be an Ultra. And in the event that I do bag one, it will be new and most likely there will be only one thing I would change. That being, THE STOCK PIPES. Those dudes would have to go. Other than that I think I would leave it just stock. But all of this is mere specuation at the moment.:laugh

Not in my world, I can't see even leaving the show room without something,
got to make it yours, even the wife understands that. She even suggested some items (chrome) but I got cheap, and only bought an air cleaner face plate (chrome of course) Thank God for birthdays and Christmas eh!!

Take care and ride safe eh!!:D

Is there anyone out there that has a completely stock Harley? I mean "completely". No handgrips, pin stripes, NADA!

To qualify, you have had to own the bike for a year or more.

We'll need pictures too.

BTW, mine is not stock. Even when I ordered it, I had to add a "few" essential do-dads out of the free parts catalog. I have so many HD "T" shirts, I can't close the dresser drawer.

Addicted (to accessories) too!
Larry

er... nope.

Not by your definition, but the only thing I have done to my 2007 UC is to have some pinstripe accents added to the stock gaphics, added the HD USAF Timing Cover and a custom Derby COver that I have my USAF wings engraved on. Oh yeah, when I replaced the tires last fall I did go with BWs versus WWs. I really don't consider any of those things as performance enhancing. Other than that it's as stock as stock can be.

I like to think of my Ultra as stock, as compared to most of them out there ....

Windshield
Grips
Highway pegs
Fuel door
Headlight bulb
Tourpak rack
USN fender emblem
Derby cover
Inspection cover
WW's replaced with BW's
GPS
XM
Drink holder

okay, it's not STOCK, but it is stock :newsmile011:

I have a stock 05 Electra Glide Standard. Now if you are thinking of adding chrome to it not stock, then nope. Mine ain't stock. But I did add the King Tour Pack and the detachable brackets, Chrome Passenger covers, and the oil and air temp gauge, and HD stock cruise control. All these are HD stock items, then in which cast I think I just made my Standard into a semi stock classic minus the radio and lowers.

So is that considered stock?

Back