free website stats program Is there such a thing? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there such a thing?

Ken S.

As a gas guage for a sportster. I mean is there one out there that can be fabbed?

Thanks if you know.

Ken

As a gas guage for a sportster. I mean is there one out there that can be fabbed?
Thanks if you know.
Ken

Ken, just remember to reset the trip. I am assuming you have a trip meter on the speedo.
I have a gauge on the Dyna (seems to work fairly well), but I still do my gas stops using mileage on the trip.
I don't even keep total mileage showing on the speedo, always on Trip A. Use Trip B for day total mileage.
doc

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of a sight guage. I thought maybe someone might have come up with a gas cap with a guage on it. Sound like a simple thing to do. Dial on the cap and bobber and slide inside the tank. Gas goes dowm bobber goes down fuel gauge goes down. (Shruggs)

Ken

A buddy of mine took his tank off,I filled it with carbon monoxide I then welde a mount in and we modified an 8ohm GM sending unit and installed a guage using an aftermarket chrome bracket.Only problem the chrome was crap and it rusted through the summer.

I have a big tank for my sportster that has two gas caps, so one is off to the side. Even at that the bobber could be angled paralell to the angle of the cap. That sure would be an easy gas guage. Oh well.

I'll just watch the mileage like always.

Ken

I have a big tank for my sportster that has two gas caps, so one is off to the side. Even at that the bobber could be angled paralell to the angle of the cap. That sure would be an easy gas guage. Oh well.

I'll just watch the mileage like always.

Ken

Tou could modify a portable marine tank floater

I've got a "fancy" gas gauge on my Street Glide and I still rely on my odometer and low fuel light more than the fuel gauge!

I run until I hit reserve and hope I have enough to make it to the next gas station........... I went from pump to pump draining the gas out of the hoses ............ I left with the gas on...not reserve...he he he...my bad...?

Gary, You just answered the question that I haven't be able to figure it out. Awhile back when the gas price was up sky($4), I was filling up my boat fuel tank (90 gal tank) at local gas station and noticing a Biker rolls his Harley pump to pump and empty out the hose, at first I wasn't paying attention of what he's doing, then I start noticing as he keeps rolling his bike to the next and next, first thing on my mind was the pump doesn't works but all of them but mine?. :D

Back