free website stats program Is there anyone that has NOT had problems with their Harley! | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there anyone that has NOT had problems with their Harley!

It is a machine and it WILL give problems, after years of working on all sorts of equipment and systems, (some costing millions of $$$), if it is made by man it WILL fail at some point, don't whine about it just fix it and carry on.......

I've only been on the board a few weeks and all I ever seem to see are problems after problem after problems with the motorcycles, and no after sales customer service from Harley. After having a couple of electrical problems with my new two week old 08 Nightster, and a big let down by my dealer that I had ordered V&H sideshots from when I ordered the bike in mid June, now tell me the pipes won't be here untill September. I'm just starting to wonder what have I gotten myself into with Harley Davidson...:dknow
2003 FLSTC. 40k miles, I have had all kinds of trouble with tires and brakes. And whats up with that oil needing to be replaced? :)

I have an 05 Electra Glide Standard with 31K. No problems with mine. It runs great. I would not take 50 goldwings for this machine.
l_ef2c4aef7ba581b1b2d4442e2f0fc69a.jpg

I Have A 2002 Fatboy And I Wouldn't Trade It For Anything. Its Has Always Carried My Butt From Place To Place With No Problem Dealers Are Another Thing, Keep Looking Til You Find The Right One For You. I Use A Local Shop That All Machanics Used To Work For Harley Dealership, And Opened Their Own Shop. Love Them...

I have an 04 Lowrider. I had my engine rebuilt with a big bore kit, Screamng Eagle heads and an S&S cam at 14K by an independent wrench. He also dynotuned the engine. It runs like a scalded dog and now have 7K on the rebuild. No problems.

I do not take my bike to stealerships with their just out of motorcycle school mechanics and I refuse to pay their exorbitant prices. IMHO =) maverick

Was reading over all the post on this and just wanted to let you all know that my wifes 07' Nightster was having the same problems....DEAD...we have replaced "3" batteries as well sense she has owned it (Feb. 07') and just as of two days ago we DEMANDED while still under warrenty to have the dielectric grease done to it and all seemed well and the guy at Harley told us that the RELAY Switch went out on the bike as well. We I rode it home and later that night my wife and I jumped on the bikes to go riding and "NOTHING" it would not start!!! Needless to say I had Harley come out the next day to pick up the bike because I was NOT paying to have it towed again for something that I guess was not fixed... well the guy showed up to tow it and asked for the key and sure enough it would not start... then asked if by chance I had another key with a KEY FOB on that key and I did... LONG story short when I put the OTHER key in the bike with the OTHER KEY FOB....BOOM...the bike started right up... come to find out YES the RELAY SWITCH was BAD and YES it was a GOOD idea to get the dielectric grease done on the fuses/box BUT with all that done IF your FOB is not working proper then guess what!!! YOUR BIKE WON'T START NO MATTER WHAT!!! So when all else fails go take your FOBS into the dealer and have them "REPROGRAMMED" that is what we did today so we now know BOTH Fobs are working depending on whichever keys my wife picks up to go riding with and it is COVERED under the warranty too (the reprogramming of the KEY FOBS)... ALSO "FYI" if you happen to change your battery and you DO NOT keep your HARLEY BATTERY to turn in (meaning you have your battery changed someplace else NOT a HD dealer cause your bike broke down elsewhere) then Harley will CHARGE you for a NEW battery and labor charges to install it and it is NOT covered under your warranty (UNLESS) you can bring in a HD battery to give to them and then they will turn that one in for you and you will not get charged... learned that the hard way too! Hope this helps you out if you are having any problems!!

Also pays to replace the FOB batteries at least every other year, depending on how much you use them.

The battery "they said" was fine... The Programming was OFF on the ONE Key Fob and it just so happened that when I was riding the bike home from the HD service dept I had the RIGHT FOB (that worked) in the bike and then when my wife went to ride later that night she took the other key with the BAD FOB that needed REPROGRAMMING and that is why the bike was not working... GO FIGURE so to make sure all was well WE took BOTH FOBS in and they reprogrammed both FOBS and I agree the batterys do need to be changed every other year...but the the HD service guy said that if the programming is messed up then the bike will NOT run with those FOBS!

Back