Is there anyone that has NOT had problems with their Harley!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Crambo, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Crambo

Crambo Active Member

I've only been on the board a few weeks and all I ever seem to see are problems after problem after problems with the motorcycles, and no after sales customer service from Harley. After having a couple of electrical problems with my new two week old 08 Nightster, and a big let down by my dealer that I had ordered V&H sideshots from when I ordered the bike in mid June, now tell me the pipes won't be here untill September. I'm just starting to wonder what have I gotten myself into with Harley Davidson...:dknow

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

nada with mine other than it runs hot

3. dan1551

dan1551 Account Removed

Dont get excited Ive had 3 and had very little problems. Had a little problem with a dealer but I switched and problem went away. noisy tranny whine? its a motorcycle not a CADDY. 96 hotter than your old 88 ? Its a bigger motor with the same cooling fins!expect more heat....JUST RIDE IT AND ENJOY!

4. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

I know exactly how you feel. If I,d known a two years ago what I know now. I would probably have a Mustang instead of a bike.

5. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

No problems with mine, except on some occasions it wants to run @ 20 mph over the posted speed limit. :D Hope you get it sorted out, nothing but pure fun for me.

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

No such thing as a harley without a problem of some kind!:lolrolling

7. Bluesugar

Bluesugar Member

Yeah, Glider's right! Something to do with man made objects. Would I want to be in a space capsule? Only if it said USA on the side, and not China or Russia!!

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

AND, if you haven't had a problem with it, take it in to the dealer for a service:D

9. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Why, so I can spend more time on here looking for answers? I think I'll just ride it! :p

10. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It's only natural that the folks having problems with their bikes will start threads looking for solutions to their problems. That's the beauty of the internet/forum world. People having no problems spend time on here helping out when they can and are out working/riding the rest of the time. Thus most of the posts deal with problems.

Plenty of people have had no major issues with their bikes, me included. I just keep picking up screws in the back tire but I still haven't figured out how to blame that on Harley yet!

My main problem is the face cramps I get from smiling all the time! :D