free website stats program Is there an easier way ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there an easier way ?

robermv32

With winter approaching, I've just finished doing the complete oil change using Mobil V-Twin 20/50 on my 2008 FXSTC. Then I changed out the primary oil using HD Formula +. Ok, one to go...drained out the old and got ready to load her up with some Spectro 6 speed...but wait..what's this..10 minutes trying to get the drain plug back in...Finally had to get a mirror. Still had a heck of a time starting the threads. Anyone else run into this problem and are there any tricks out there to make it easier ?

No trick I know of other then maybe you are not holding your tongue right or not saying lefty loosey, righty tighty. These two seem to help at times. It can be a pill to get to if you do not have small or nimble fingers. I find sometime that if I can not get a bolt or screw started, let someone else try and it will fall in or take a break and the next time you pick up the screw or bolt it will go right in. Frustration seems to keep the bolt/screw from starting. Murphy's Law goes into effect.
Murphy's Law.

Much easier if you put the drain plug in the socket with a 6" extension on the socket (NO ratchet) and just start it in the drain hole.

No muss, no fuss, no cuss and no bother.:D

I uer the allen wrench to get it started. For me it is a lot easier to handle than the socket on an extension.

Back