free website stats program Is there a know cure for the Harely tax? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there a know cure for the Harely tax?

I kind of getting a kick out of keeping my xl883c totally stock. However, I've only had it 3 weeks, and I'm sure before long, the inevitable will happen. I look at the accessories catalogue a lot, but at THIS point in time, I have no real plans on doing any sort of major accessories.

I'm sure once I get going, though, it's gonna get pretty ugly pretty quick!

regards,
Drew

My Harley tax seems to cure itself when the plastic gets close to limits. Then I have to pay some of it off to start the next round.

As far as the whole thing in general, it's human nature. My take on it is this we buy a motorcycle, then we need to upgrade / modify it to make it our own. Some of the stuff we buy we never even install or use it just looked so pretty hanging in the stealer we had to have it.

Then one of our friends, guy next door, or &$^$ we can just see one driving down the street and not even know the guy on it, gets a shiny new motorcycle maybe a little bigger, shinier, newer, (insert your own excuss here), then we have to convence ourselfs that we need one also. Normally for me that's not real hard. So we buy it, then wouldn't you know it the tax starts again, chrome, seats, bars, etc. etc..:newsmile011::newsmile093:

But we are having fun are we not?????? :bigsmiley11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInPA
You may never "outgrow" the sporties. I don't plan on ever getting anything else. Sure, I'll get a new bike some day, but it'll be another sportster. I love em!

Ride free and be safe!

This is hilarious - I just read your post asking everyone's opinion about you moving up to a Fat Bob!:p

BUSTED!

I made the mistake of stepping inside the door of the local Harley dealer this weekend. Cost me cost to $250 in Harley tax and I still need more accessories. Just the synthetic fluids cost me $100.

Back