free website stats program Is there a know cure for the Harely tax? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there a know cure for the Harely tax?

As a fairly recent Harley enthusiast (addict) I feel I should tell you it doesn't get any better (or cheaper). :53::newsmile017:

no cure... just the more you get the less you need. I am almost finished... umm.. I think...

so far I got my '06 Xl883:

Tach kit
Sidekick seat
Chrome Oil side Cover
Chrome Battery side cover
Chrome Vintage Style Horn
Chrome master cylinder cover
Chrome Skull handgrips
Chrome Skull mirrors
Chrome Skull footpegs
Chrome Skull gear shift
Chrome Skull airbox accessory
Chrome gearbox cover
Chrome Skull gearbox accessory
Chrome Skull side plate
Chrome Skull Brake Caliper accessory
Chrome belt gaurd
Chrome Brake light housing
Vance\Hines pipes
Screamin Eagle airbox
Smoke turn signals
Front turn signal fork mounts

all before my first payment was due! I couldn't fight the tax!

next up.. and I'm done... hopefully

Powder Coat the Rims Matte Black
Olive Drab Glossy Green paint job

Anyone know where I can get Harley Davidson tank emblems? Cool looking old school locomotive style metal lettering. I cannot stand the Sportster logo decal currently on my tank. Looks cheesy and Xtreme. Wait... thought I was done!

I think we all know the feeling. I have had mine for just over a year and I have done to much according to my wife. but I have put about $2500 into it since I have owned it and list isn't even half done. So good luck with you new adventure!

Why does everyone insist that those of us who ride Sportsters will get something more expensive? I don't get it.

Because more often than not it's true.

I'm already eyeing the Heritage and Rocker C. (all in blue of course.)

That's what you say now, come back in a year or two and tell us what you're riding then.:D

I went from 79 Sporty to 05 Super Glide, then went to my 08 Nightster. The wife couldnt handle the 79 clutch so we sold it to my neighbor. Now that i got mine and she wants to ride with me but not on the back, so she rides a 2000 883. we are both happy, will be even more happy when the kid gets bigg enough to ride on the back of hers, as i plan on getting a solo springer seat.

You may never "outgrow" the sporties. I don't plan on ever getting anything else. Sure, I'll get a new bike some day, but it'll be another sportster. I love em!

Ride free and be safe!

This is hilarious - I just read your post asking everyone's opinion about you moving up to a Fat Bob!:p

Back