free website stats program Is there a know cure for the Harely tax? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there a know cure for the Harely tax?

Carroll B

My new to me Sporty is being inspected today and I'll get the tags tomorrow. I find I'm already looking for accessories for the bike and riding apparel for myself. Out side of marrying a rich and generous (now that's an oxymoron) woman what else can one do? I thought owning a Corvette was expensive as you always needed something for the Vette. This Harley tax seems to be highly adictive! :D

Tell me about it. I have a list a mile long and have been trying my hardest to hold off buying. So far I have probably gone to several sites, loaded a cart and then managed to force myself away from it...Not sure how much longer I can do that.

Just got back from lunch, took my bike for a ride and managed to stay away from the dealership to, just to avoid being tempted anymore...Although the biggest strain was just getting off my bike, darn work always gets in the way.

Unfortunately, with anything you are an enthusiast of the pains of the pleasure always get you. It hurts your wallet, but if feels soooooooo gooooood doesn't it?!

Anyways...

No known cure for the Harley tax.
Or for my Jeep tax.

Or corvette tax (which will come someday)

Hey Corey: wait till you 'outgrow' that sporty 883 and spring for a softail or touring harley... then the tax escalates.:D

You may never "outgrow" the sporties. I don't plan on ever getting anything else. Sure, I'll get a new bike some day, but it'll be another sportster. I love em!

Anyway, my list of Harley tax items that I need to get is huge. I got the skull air cleaner trim and foot pegs today. I still need:

1. Chrome oil tank and battery covers
2. Skull timer cover and derby cover
3. Chrome belt guard
4. Chrome swingarm
5. Saddlebags
6. Windshield
7. Grips

It adds up quick. Don't try to avoid it, just get used to it!

Ride free and be safe!

if you find a cure please share with the rest of us.
since i passed my safety class i know i will get to keep my 883l, which i love, so now i keep looking at the catalogs going to the dealers. my list is way to long for our wallet.
i did get the live to ride grips and i love them. also got the engine guard ,luggage rack, and roll bag. the neccesities first then the just wants.

actually already found the heritages. my husband has an 01 our friends have an 05 and just got an 07 for her to replace the 06 the was totaled when she hit a deer back in june.

All the toys are expensive, airplanes,boats,guns, Harley's etc., not to mention the divorces those items above often lead too..........

Oh your in for more than you know.
After you get settled in on that Sporty your going to start noticing Heritages fatboys(the bike). Road Kings.
that lttle virus you have been infected with is going to start wispering to you We can do that .
Then your beloved sporty may seen like an out grown friend.

Why does everyone insist that those of us who ride Sportsters will get something more expensive? I don't get it.

Back