free website stats program Is there a correct way to ride with a flag? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is there a correct way to ride with a flag?

AZDave

As a vet I want to display a small American flag on my Heritage. I just got my vet plate so I thought a flag would be a nice addition. A riding friend said I need to be carefull that I may make a few mad if I display it wrong. Is there a right and wrong way to display a flag on my bike? Also where did you get yours if you ride with one?

DO NOT buy the american flag from HD that will clip on the hard saddle bags !!! The clip scrathes up the paint & the flag only last for about a 1/2 hour of riding then it is falling apart & is so frayed it has to be removed & properly distroyed . Also the flags you buy from HD are made in CHINA . The American Flag should be @ center or right of center on your bike

I don't know if you're riding an Ultra Classic or not, but if you are, J&P makes a kit for mounting a small flag on our antennas. I have a U.S. Flag on the right one, and a POW-MIA one on the other. It just so happens that since the right antenna has a base load in it the U.S. Flag rides about an inch higher than the POW-MIA one. The flags are fairly well made and last a fair amount of time. I want to get a "Don't Tread on Me" one next to display above the POW-MIA Flag, or replace it.

Back