free website stats program Is that a real Harley? Grrrrrrr.... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is that a real Harley? Grrrrrrr....

I wouldn't get too worked up about it.
Knowledge is all relative. I've asked plenty questions on this forum which show my (hopefully reducing) ignorance about motorbikes but I've never had anything but courteous, helpful and dignified responses from the wise and experienced amongst us.

There'll be some people out there who don't know much about bikes but everyone has heard of Harley Davidson - they'll know that it's a cruiser-looking bike with lots of shiney bits. Most people don't mean any harm or insult and aren't trying to be wiseguys.

If it is some idiot trying to be clever, I wouldn't even waste my breath humouring him with a sensible answer - just tell him something like: "not sure, I think it's a Volkswagon...." and ride off....

Cedarbrook...really, which one...the original bug, the superbug or the new one recently departed...no bugs or slug alerts here!!! LOL

Cedarbrook...really, which one...the original bug, the superbug or the new one recently departed...no bugs or slug alerts here!!! LOL

Well I don't know about yours but my ride is one of those roofless models - is that a convertible?? :rider:lolrolling

I think the thing is and maybe cdn-bigfoot can attest to this, but in my area harleys are very scarce. A lot of people are buying metrics and finding its not their cup of tea so there are a lot for sale. 05/06 v-stars, volusas, shadows etc. selling for 5-6 g with no miles. Maybe people are just surprised someone would pay nearly twice that for a Harley.

HD aren't scarce at all around here. Most bike rallies I've been to are 95% Harley's. There's A LOT of money in Alberta and people like to buy the BEST!

it couild be worse,you couild have a honda,suzuki,yamaha kawasaki, v twin and be constantly asked if its a harley and then see the look of disapointment when you say no

I was actually getting ready to purchase a V-star when I seen the light, still have nightmares about how close I came.

HD aren't scarce at all around here. Most bike rallies I've been to are 95% Harley's. There's A LOT of money in Alberta and people like to buy the BEST!

I Nearly bought from outwest as I call it, you are about halfway between the US and maritime in prices. Plus as you say a lot more young people with cash burning a hole in the pocket. Its funny but I have 5-6 friends in alberta and All but 1 rides a Harley. I would say the percentages here are just about opposite what you see. 95% ricers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It often makes me wonder how the people riding something other than an HD feel @ a Bike Rally (since most I've been to are 95% Harley).
I know I would not feel right & could never completely enjoy riding as much, as being on a "HOG". Maybe that's what dreams are made for

You really have to revisit some older posts. I just re-read this one with all of the new posts and I am still cracking up. Some "classic" responses, along with a few Dorky ones too - mine included!
WAP.gif

Back