free website stats program Is that a real Harley? Grrrrrrr.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is that a real Harley? Grrrrrrr....

I never been asked that?

I'm with Irish Hog on this one, never been asked if my bike was a Harley, though once had someone ask what my Sportster was?...I laughed and said, at 1200cc model the culminates a line that started in 1957 and is simply getting better all the time...promptly that person said they rode a BSA and I said while British Twins were great, the Japanese Twins that were copies, the greatest form of flatery is to get a real Harley and no question what is real or not. LOL :D

Last edited:
it couild be worse,you couild have a honda,suzuki,yamaha kawasaki, v twin and be constantly asked if its a harley and then see the look of disapointment when you say no

I can see the confusion from non-riding types looking at the big V-twin other than the ones that are clearly marked Harley-Davidson. The competition has done a pretty good job with some of there models mimicking HD's which causes the confusion. I've had to look twice at a few metric bikes (at a distance) to figure out exactly what brand I was looking at.

I just generally stop them dead in thier tracks with something really sharp like " Yup. she's a 97 Heritage and a good runner. " Wows them every time!

I'd turn-around & ask "are you a motorcycle rider?" Then say "if you have to ask - you don't deserve to own one" & roar off...might get them to think a bit.

Ive seen a few metric cruisers that were fairly difficult to tell who made it a quick glanse at the engine will tell if it aint a harley but being able to find the name of the manufacturer can take a few moments
but i dont know if its the owner or the manufacturer who is trying to hide the origin of the bike

Brian

I think the thing is and maybe cdn-bigfoot can attest to this, but in my area harleys are very scarce. A lot of people are buying metrics and finding its not their cup of tea so there are a lot for sale. 05/06 v-stars, volusas, shadows etc. selling for 5-6 g with no miles. Maybe people are just surprised someone would pay nearly twice that for a Harley.

Well I went to caracas Harley davidson and my softail custom doesnt have harley on it anywhere and the girl that has worked behind the counter for 8 years that I know of selling parts and taking service orders asked me what make of bike it was , when I told her Yamaha she had said it was a nice looking copy!!!!
I wonder what went through her head when I bought spark plugs and derby cover gaskets for an evo

Back