free website stats program Is that a real Harley? Grrrrrrr.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Is that a real Harley? Grrrrrrr....

Big Rol

I was Asked that question 3 times today,:newsmile055: does it rankle other people as mush as me? and if so so does anyone have a good response. I said No to the last guy, but it's a real good counterfeit. I'm running out of responses.

To the untrained eyes it probably is confusing,the streets are ful of immatators,but we can tell which is which just by the rumble.

Yeah, I can see if I drove by but the bike is in my shop, this guy walked around it a coupla times before asking. HD is on everything from the speedo to the backrest.

Just smile and say "I''m proud to say it is".

There are a lot of imitations out there now. I've even seen some dumb ace strip off his Kawasaki emblems and stick Harley Davidson bling all over his bike!!!! The more subtle of these fakers just strip off their Japanese maker labels.

If someone is asking they must know there are fakers out there. Be polite and educate them. Point out how they can easily tell the differences.

That's right mrtn681. you can disguise all you want until the bike is started and running. Then there is no mistaking what it is.

Irritating sure, just don't let them call it an import!!! :newsmile055:

Now that would be irritating :D :D

Back