Is Smart Siren II from Dyna useable on Road King?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Gopher Rancher, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Gopher Rancher

Gopher Rancher Member

A friend just bought a wrecked 2002 Dyna. I would like to know if the smart siren II (it has the antenna wire) from the Dyna will work on my 2002 Road King. From pictures that I have seen online, the module looks identical to the one for the RK. The connector looks the same on both bikes.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I don't have any smart siren experience, but I believe the difference in models is mostly size for location placement. If the connector is the same, it should work. Since it belongs to your friend, a trial run should be easy.

3. Gopher Rancher

Gopher Rancher Member

Thanks for the reply Breeze3at. I would do a trial run except for the fact he is nearly 600 miles away. I don't want to pay for shipping here and back again if it won't work.

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Can't you just look up the Part# at the HD site and see if the same part number covers both models.

5. Gopher Rancher

Gopher Rancher Member

I have already checked the HD site and the P/N is for an installation kit for 96 to 03 Dyna models only.

I am wondering if the siren module is the same for all kits.

I won't need any mounting brackets or hardware that is included with the kit, since my bike already has the mounting bracket installed as a stock item direct from the factory.

6. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

?... Looks to me the same part number fits 02 Dyna and 02 Touring. H-D Security System Smart Siren II | Harley-Davidson USA

Are you planning on getting the pager unit. They are about worthless. May be better off with just the model without the antenna.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

8. Gopher Rancher

Gopher Rancher Member

The P/N that my friend gave me came up with this info from the HD site:
    68318-06
    Fits '96-'03 Dyna® models.
    MSRP US $99.95

I understand that the pager is useless and I have no need for it. I only want the siren. If the one that my friend has will work, it will be less than 1/4 of the price of the MSRP. HD parts generally cost a lot more in Canada than they do in the US (sometimes up to 3 times the price). Not to mention the 5 hour return trip to the nearest stealer.