Is my seat covered under warranty ?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by BigMike57, Jan 19, 2009.

1. BigMike57

BigMike57 Member

While cleaning up the latest foot of snow here in New England, I could'nt resist the urge to go into the bike shed and hear my Ultra run.(come on we all do it LOL) While I was standing there, before I got smoked out, I noticed a small tear in the nose of the saddle. It is about 3" long and is not near any seams. I didn't notice it when I parked it at the start of Dec, but I didn't look either. Does anyone know if H-D will cover it under warranty? I bought the bike in March 2008 and have 19,970 miles on it. The bike is always service at the shop I bought it at and I have had no other problems. Any thought's
  2. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

it's gonna vary from dealer to dealer, but I'm gonna say Probably not. Your dealer might if you have a good relationship with them, but I would doubt that they would get reimbursed from the Harley:(
  3. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

I had a seam come apart on my 08 Ultra. When i initially talked to the dealer they said no but when I was in about a week later (for a unrelated issue) i ran it by them again and they looked at it and given where it was they said it was clearly a failure and warrentied it out. Pop the seat off and take it in. See what they say