free website stats program Is it worth it ? Should I do it ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it worth it ? Should I do it ?

Since the thread is 3 months old and he hasn't been on in almost 2 months. We just may never know.....

First I saw your title: "Should I do it?" That's the equivalent of "hold my beer". Generally, my answer would be "no" without reading any more. But I read two more sentences and I saw you were wondering if you should trade up from a Sportster. The answer to THAT is always "yes". I didn't read the rest of your question. But yes, ditch the Sporty. :rolleyes:

First I saw your title: "Should I do it?" That's the equivalent of "hold my beer". Generally, my answer would be "no" without reading any more. But I read two more sentences and I saw you were wondering if you should trade up from a Sportster. The answer to THAT is always "yes". I didn't read the rest of your question. But yes, ditch the Sporty. :rolleyes:
As the saying goes. "Someday you will own a bagger."

Nothing over $4,500.... like Steve said.... 88, had to be Built to a 95 " ??? how long ago mileage wise?
Were the Cam Shoes replaced? what type of cam shoes? ... What cams are in it? Might they be gear drives? IF so, a Bonus... Tire condition wear?
wheel bearings? Lift off ground and FEEL for looseness or ask IF and when they were replaced...Look at the belt for holes or tears while up off the ground...

7,000$ would buy a much newer ride with low miles... The 07/08 are better bikes in my book...

MY Favorite: Look for an 09 FLHR and see what they run in $$$...6 speed cruise drive transmission, 6 gallon tank, has the beefy frame, wider rear A frame n tire... Look Private, might be a little less than a dealer...

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited:
Back