free website stats program is it true | Harley Davidson Forums

is it true

sadragna

Someone told me that the only true 6 speed transmission is on the cvo modles 110 motors and that the 103 motor are not true 6 speed. Is that right?
WAP.gif

Not sure what you mean by "true 6 speed" but I have 6 gears and have used them so I know I have a 6 speed tranny.
It even says so on the cover.:dknow

Not sure what you mean by "true 6 speed" but I have 6 gears and have used them so I know I have a 6 speed tranny.
It even says so on the cover.:dknow

AS in a true over drive transmission I believe he is talking about:s

I belive he said my 6 gear is just an over drive and his is a 6 gear is a 6 gear what ever that means but like hdsickness said I also counted to 6 and the 6 lighte up on my tach.
WAP.gif

I belive he said my 6 gear is just an over drive and his is a 6 gear is a 6 gear what ever that means but like hdsickness said I also counted to 6 and the 6 lighte up on my tach.
WAP.gif

Harley achieves the overdrive gearing thru the 6 speed and the gearing of the primary drive, Baker has a true Overdrive tranny and now a 7 speed available, tho the H D 6 speed is a very good set up IMO

I belive he said my 6 gear is just an over drive

HD sixth gear is 1:1. It's direct drive. That's really what I would want for a final transmission gear ratio. It's the most efficient way to transfer power to the rear wheel.
I also can't see looking at the HD transmission as anything but a 6 speed transmission.

If we get anymore speeds pretty soon we will be shifting into high and low gears. Wouldn't that be fun?

Someone told me that the only true 6 speed transmission is on the cvo modles 110 motors and that the 103 motor are not true 6 speed. Is that right?
WAP.gif

I would like to find what difference is in the transmission between motors????

If we get anymore speeds pretty soon we will be shifting into high and low gears. Wouldn't that be fun?

I have a 1981 Honda 900 custom with a high/low transmission . They introduced it for sport or touring. I have owned that bike for 30 yrs. and it runs as well as it did when I bought it.

Back