free website stats program Is it just me? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it just me?

FLIPBEL

I just installed a set of 1.75 rush slip ons on my bike and I like them. My question is that i noticed that the right side (sitting on the bike) sounds a litter louder then the left side. I think I had noticed this with stock mufflers but not sure.

2009 electra glide classic.

Had the exact same mufflers on my 2008 Electra. I have the same findings. I had remove mufflers a couple of times to repack because they were getting loud. The left side was always like new never burnt. The right side was always burnt to the point packing was missing. Your observation is correct.

The majority of the exhaust is sent out the right side for purposes of scavenging like Smitty mentioned. This is for a better running engine and in effect works similar to a 2 into 1 system, just not as good as a true 2 into 1.

smitty
i almost didnt buy my bike cause we noticed that . neither one of us had anything this new . with hot one side cold the other. nice bike ran good i bought any way just thought i would share

also seems pretty simple physics....hot gases will take straightest route first which is the right pipe. The left one has several more right angle turns in it to get to the left side and then back (as stock). When I first bought my bike I wondered why the two pipes were different (the core of the packing is different). The right does most of the work, the left does little and adds some sound enhancement...

Back