free website stats program Is it dyno time? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it dyno time?

I have a 2009 Ultra Classic, it has a stage 1 A/C, Rinehart 3 1/2" S/O's, a V&H Fuelpak. It runs good, but the torque flattens out at interstate speed, its jumpy at low speeds like in towns. Should I get a SEST and have it dyno'd? It seems like it doesn't pull quite like it did stock at interstate speeds.

Also gonna add, I checked all the settings on the fuel pak last nite, all is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
It never hurts to have it dyno'd after any big changes, that way you have a good base line to work off.

Before I'd go the Dyno route (which isn't cheap) I'd contact Vance and Hines, tell them what the bike is doing and see if they recommend any changes to the fuel pack's program. I have the SE cleaner, Klock Werks slip ons and the fuelpack on my /09 Ultra and it runs like a dream.

Dynos scare me, when was it last calibrated, and how competent is the operator, most have you sign a waiver, not to scare any one off but I did see a NEW motor build blow up in Daytona on main street IMO the operator error caused this JMO

Honestly - I think dyno tunes are overrated. With proper care, adjustment & tinkering you can fine-tune your ride as good, or better than a $pendy machine. Sometimes you got to step back, think & find the source of your problem(s). Then - get your hands greasy...

All up for tweakin and peakin what I have, gonna call V&H's today and see if they say to change anything on the fuelpak. Since I put it on last year the settings are still correct per there map on the internet. The map is still the same and checked the fuelpak the other night and all is good. Just seems to bog when 2 up and below 3000 rpm's. Especially at interstate speeds.

Back