free website stats program Is it an O2 sensor issue? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it an O2 sensor issue?

Hoople:

When I had the SERT installed and mapped, the dealership removed the old module (V&H Fuel Pack)...which I still have.

1Canuck:
When I purchased the bike back in 2007, I originally wanted the SERT but the dealership's supply chain couldn't supply the unit, so we went with the V&H unit. The module was tuned to the bike as best as it could and the bike ran pretty well. When I upgraded my pipes, the bike started to become less efficient. I attempted to remap the bike to improve performance but it did not improve, so I purchased the SERT and dyno. I was told that it was mapped somewhat lean because of the bike's configuration: hi flo AC , monster ovals and stock headers. Since 2009, the bike has had an issue where fuel economy, drivability and thermal emission has been a problem so it has been a garage queen. I moved a couple of times and I haven't had the financial resources to get the bike remapped by a QUALIFIED tech. Now I want to get this issue resolved finally once and for all. Do you think that I could re-install the Fuel-Pack and dial up the settings will get me to a point where I can at least ride it? This is until I can get the bike to a person who knows how to tune bikes.

Hoople:

When I had the SERT installed and mapped, the dealership removed the old module (V&H Fuel Pack)...which I still have.

1Canuck:
When I purchased the bike back in 2007, I originally wanted the SERT but the dealership's supply chain couldn't supply the unit, so we went with the V&H unit. The module was tuned to the bike as best as it could and the bike ran pretty well. When I upgraded my pipes, the bike started to become less efficient. I attempted to remap the bike to improve performance but it did not improve, so I purchased the SERT and dyno. I was told that it was mapped somewhat lean because of the bike's configuration: hi flo AC , monster ovals and stock headers. Since 2009, the bike has had an issue where fuel economy, drivability and thermal emission has been a problem so it has been a garage queen. I moved a couple of times and I haven't had the financial resources to get the bike remapped by a QUALIFIED tech. Now I want to get this issue resolved finally once and for all. Do you think that I could re-install the Fuel-Pack and dial up the settings will get me to a point where I can at least ride it? This is until I can get the bike to a person who knows how to tune bikes.

I would surely try this and see how it runs

1Canuck:
...............When I upgraded my pipes, the bike started to become less efficient. I attempted to remap the bike to improve performance but it did not improve, so I purchased the SERT and dyno. I was told that it was mapped somewhat lean because of the bike's configuration: hi flo AC , monster ovals and stock headers. Since 2009, the bike has had an issue where fuel economy, drivability and thermal emission ..............Do you think that I could re-install the Fuel-Pack and dial up the settings will get me to a point where I can at least ride it? This is until I can get the bike to a person who knows how to tune bikes.

I just do not get the bold and underline comment from a dyno guy. Unless of course you have the street tuner which will not allow a rich tune to start with, then add a more free flowing pipe and yes it will run lean and hot.
Ok you have had the problem since the pipe upgrade and the SE Tuner, which may be the street or race tuner and the dyno guys could not tune it. Correct? you need to find out what tuner you have ASAP
1)do you know if the dyno guy flashed your ECM through the SE tuner? If yes and you have the cables and software you can download and save the download from the SE tuner. Then re flash that tune AND check the reset AFV box to eliminate any adjustments made by AFV.
2)your problem started with the new exhaust install. It is possible the O2 sensor was damaged, but also possible they were reversed which would also account for the dyno guy not being able to get it tuned.
3) As Jack said if all else fails re install the fuel pak and see if it gets better again.
I think you have the street tuner, not the race tuner and there lies the problem with the high flow and monster ovals

I just do not get the bold and underline comment from a dyno guy. Unless of course you have the street tuner which will not allow a rich tune to start with, then add a more free flowing pipe and yes it will run lean and hot.
Ok you have had the problem since the pipe upgrade and the SE Tuner, which may be the street or race tuner and the dyno guys could not tune it. Correct? you need to find out what tuner you have ASAP
1)do you know if the dyno guy flashed your ECM through the SE tuner? If yes and you have the cables and software you can download and save the download from the SE tuner. Then re flash that tune AND check the reset AFV box to eliminate any adjustments made by AFV.
2)your problem started with the new exhaust install. It is possible the O2 sensor was damaged, but also possible they were reversed which would also account for the dyno guy not being able to get it tuned.
3) As Jack said if all else fails re install the fuel pak and see if it gets better again.
I think you have the street tuner, not the race tuner and there lies the problem with the high flow and monster ovals

I do not know how the dyno guy programmed my ECM, I do not have the cables but I did find a source for them and the software. I will see if I can download the information on the bike.

Ok the SERT is the kit 32109-08B (Kit EFT Super Tuner, S.E. Pro). To make things worse, I went to the box that had the Fuel Pak only to find it missing. So I guess the only option is to get it to a dealership as I would imagine that the remapping couldnt be redone by myself.

Found it and it is now installed (wife moved it). I mapped it with the following from the V&H website.
Fuelpak Search

It started up fine and did not immediately die. The real test will be out on the road at the pump.

Hello fellow riders,

So I re-installed the Fuel-Pak as I described in the previous post and I have ridden the bike around for the past week. I had about 30miles on the tank before adding the FP so my values may be a bit off. I rode 141.3 and I refilled the tank with 3.698 gallons of Kroger Stores premium unleaded for an average of 38.21 mpg.

I have noted that the overheating of the rear cylinder and failing to stay running from cold has been cured. However, it seems that when coming to a stop at a 4way (~3 min after cold start) the bike stalls and it smells as though the bike has been flooded and it takes several attempts to actually get going again.

Hello fellow riders,

So I re-installed the Fuel-Pak as I described in the previous post and I have ridden the bike around for the past week. I had about 30miles on the tank before adding the FP so my values may be a bit off. I rode 141.3 and I refilled the tank with 3.698 gallons of Kroger Stores premium unleaded for an average of 38.21 mpg.

I have noted that the overheating of the rear cylinder and failing to stay running from cold has been cured. However, it seems that when coming to a stop at a 4way (~3 min after cold start) the bike stalls and it smells as though the bike has been flooded and it takes several attempts to actually get going again.

Possible bad injector or wiring harness issue to injector, have you done a wiggle test on the wires to see if it changes any thing?

Back