free website stats program Is it an O2 sensor issue? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it an O2 sensor issue?

When I purchased my bike back in 2007, I chose to get a pair of the V&H slip-on's and a Fuel pack, the bike came configured with a hi-flo intake and oil cooler. With this I averaged about 45mpg.

About 3yrs ago, I had picked up a Screaming Eagle race tuner, V&H Monster ovals and had the bike dyno'ed. They spent an entire day trying to get the mapping right and then told me that I would need to buy some headers and a hi-flo intake as it was having a breathing issue. I declined either purchase as I didn't believe that they were necessary.

Since then the bike runs pretty well, but it is a bear to start and stay running from cold. Once it has warmed up...then it maintains. Also I have noticed my fuel economy has gone to heck, an average of 27mph. I was able to get into the diagnostic tables of my bike to see that it had thrown an error that possibly had something to do with the oxygen sensor/s.

Current configuration:
103ci engine
SE hi-flo intake
oil cooler
5gal gas
6 speed
SE Race Tuner
stock headers
V&H slip-on Monster Ovals

Right now I am :wall and I am so very frustrated.

If the consensus is that the o2 sensor/s are bad...is there an alternative to the OEM 27719-07 part, maybe something that can be found at NAPA or some other vendor?

Russ

What is the code? is the o2 sensors hooked up or bypassed with your fuel tunner?.
since your milage is way down sounds like it is running rich, so if the codes are for rich condition then o2s are reading correct

Sounds like your problems started when the SERT and dyno tune (lol) was done.
No telling what they did to your ECM tables. The o2 code is probably due to the over rich condition. I think you need a REAL tuner (person, not device) to get a hold of it.

The engine codes are the typical ones...you know. p0131 and p0151 and then it gave me something I can't quite figure what the code is to 34562-07. It looks like a part number but I could be wrong.

The 34562-07 is the module PT#, p0131 o2 low front, p0151 o2 low rear. Which means that it is running to lean some where in the map they have programed. Since the problem was not there before they tried to tune it, and it runs poorly,I would get it to a good tuner. It most likely is not 2 bad o2 sensors. P0132 o2 high, p0152 o2 high rear, p0134 o2 inactive front, p0154 o2 inactive rear,

I have noticed my fuel economy has gone to heck, an average of 27mph.

Your running the Race tuner(?) and not the Super Tuner because both use dongles and a laptop. How I understand it, the Race tuner does not allow map cells to be changed. Only canned downloads can be installed. Did you remove the Fuel Pack or did you stack it with a Race Tuner canned map download. The O2 sensors may still be deadheaded with resistors to fool the ECM to richen up the mixture. See if the harness side of the O2 cables are capped off. If your not "stacked" (fuel Pack with ECM download), something else may be be the problem (map sensor,, TPS,, ecm reference voltage high,, etc)

If you fuel mileage is really that bad, I would fix it soon because you can't be buring all that fuel. Washing down the cylinders with fuel is not the best thing for the oil..

There are two SE tuners
SESPT=screaming eagle street performance tuner, also called street tuner
SEPST=screaming eagle pro super tuner, also called race tuner

street tuner uses EPA compliant maps and you are limited in adjustments
race tuner can be tuned outside EPA regulations

When I purchased my bike back in 2007,
.............About 3yrs ago, .........had the bike dyno'ed.............
Since then the bike runs pretty well............ I was able to get into the diagnostic tables of my bike to see that it had thrown an error that possibly had something to do with the oxygen sensor/s.
Russ

your write up makes it sound like it ran OK from 2007-2009/10 then changes were made and for three years it still ran OK and now (lately) it is not and lately your mileage has dropped. Just trying to understand timeline, when your problem started, first noticed. regardless of not getting another hi flow AC and headers you did not say that the problem was since the dyno and pipe change three years ago. so if it ran good in 2012 what changed or was changed

There are two SE tuners
SESPT=screaming eagle street performance tuner, also called street tuner
SEPST=screaming eagle pro super tuner, also called race tuner

street tuner uses EPA compliant maps and you are limited in adjustments
race tuner can be tuned outside EPA regulations

I will look tonight to see which I have. I found the dongle which had one side a USB the other a DB9 serial.

Back