free website stats program Is it a normal thing for my heritage to.......... | Harley Davidson Forums

Is it a normal thing for my heritage to..........

Whiterook

I have a 2007 Heritage Classic and it makes a whining, hissing sort of winding sound coming from either under the tank toward the front, in the tank (if that is possible), or in the light area. I don't think it is electrical or clutch related, but more throttle related to a point. I can hear it at all speeds, even standing still when the motor is running. It does get somewhat louder as I increase the throttle, but the bike still runs fine. Any ideas what this is or is it just a normal bike sound?

I have a 2007 Heritage Classic and it makes a whining, hissing sort of winding sound coming from either under the tank toward the front, in the tank (if that is possible), or in the light area. I don't think it is electrical or clutch related, but more throttle related to a point. I can hear it at all speeds, even standing still when the motor is running. It does get somewhat louder as I increase the throttle, but the bike still runs fine. Any ideas what this is or is it just a normal bike sound?

fuel pump ?????

Sounds like the fuel line (fuel pump to injectors) inside the tank has a hole in it. I believe the fuel pump supplies something like 50 psi to the injectors. If there's a pin hole in the line, it would make a hissing noise. A hole would/could also cause engine performance problems as well. Stumbling under acceleration, 'sneezing' thru the air cleaner at speed, etc.

Aren't you the guy who had the stumbling and intermittent running Harley?The sound you hear could very well be holes in your fuel line sucking air and causing the problems you earlier posted about.Deucedog probably hit the nail on the head.
(Did you ever solve your problem?):dknow

Aren't you the guy who had the stumbling and intermittent running Harley?The sound you hear could very well be holes in your fuel line sucking air and causing the problems you earlier posted about.Deucedog probably hit the nail on the head.
(Did you ever solve your problem?):dknow

That wasn't me. My bike has been in the shop for 4 days. It's not the fuel pump but that's all they know for now.

...I love my 07' FLSTC, noises and all. I've found that when I start hearing noises coming from my bike, it's usually because my ear plugs aren't in tight enough. hee hee...
...Your noise is a new one to me, haven't heard it in my scooter yet. I wish we could record sounds and post them on this forum, I like to hear yours. It sure would help in trying to figure out what is causing it. When you finally track it down, please share your finding. It maybe somewhere in my bikes future and your heads up sure would be helpful. I hope your Heritage has a speedy recovery. I bought myself a mechanics stethoscope to help me find and identify those mystery noises in my scooter...
:small3d004:

Back