free website stats program Is Harley Paying Off The Feds? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Harley Paying Off The Feds?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Just searched the NHTSA database ( Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) ) for any complaints or defect investigations going on over the cracked fuel filter canister issue and guess what? Nothing! Not one single complaint has been filed according to this website. Either the database is being sterilized or folks are so thrilled they're getting their bike fixed under warranty they're forgetting to file a complaint. Maybe we should start a campaign. I'm not sure if it actually has to happen to your own bike in order for you to be able to file - probably.

NHTSA they are mostly concerened about safety issues something they spend a lot of time on with metric bikes they get a lot of recalls.
Not all 08's will have the fuel problem it is limited to a group of production parts. And Hd is fixing them.

How can you imply that this is not a safety issue? I think HD is lucky noone's been hurt or killed when this affected someone. there are definitely some situations where if you lost power or didn't get the response you expected as you gassed it, you'd be in a world of hurt. Maybe it has happened and we just haven't heard about it.

Yes, I understand that not all 08's have this problem and even not all of the 08's built with this substandard part are going to fail. I just think it's irresponsible not to recall and fix the models with a known suspect part that can become life threatening.

Mine broke in the middle of heavy traffic going 60+ mph. It sure felt like a safety issue to me!

Back