free website stats program Is anyone planning a road trip for next year? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is anyone planning a road trip for next year?

Summer 2013 - Hoping to do some of the coast and fjord roads of Norway. May make it up to the Arctic Circle - that'd be something.

This year we're staying much closer to home - we'll either strike north and do some of the lochs and mountain roads of Scotland or we'll strike south for Cornwall - depending on weather closer to the time. You never know what the weather in UK is going to throw at you.

I plan to take a trip in Sept and meet up with some old army buddies and do some riding, at Babcock state park in WV.. I've got some Apple pie shine I'm taking plus some homemade Watermelon wine.. I ain't much for drinking anymore. But plan to take a sip or two for old times.. Then next year I'm thinking of taking a ride up yonder to sturgis and check out the sites.. . I've been to every state But SD. and hawihi.. Heck I can't spell..

I plan to take a trip in Sept and meet up with some old army buddies and do some riding, at Babcock state park in WV.. I've got some Apple pie shine I'm taking plus some homemade Watermelon wine.. I ain't much for drinking anymore. But plan to take a sip or two for old times.. Then next year I'm thinking of taking a ride up yonder to sturgis and check out the sites.. . I've been to every state But SD. and hawihi.. Heck I can't spell..

Do they really make that shine and wine? I thought it was something they just sang about..... Sounds like a fun time.

The 11,500 ft pass opened last week so I leave Tuesday from Srinagar, Kashmir for Kargil and on to Leh in the Ladakh Region. If the road to Kardung La is open I'll make the run up to 18,000 ft. and back to Leh.
My friend got called away so I'll be riding solo.

Sure wish it was on my Harley though!

The 11,500 ft pass opened last week so I leave Tuesday from Srinagar, Kashmir for Kargil and on to Leh in the Ladakh Region. If the road to Kardung La is open I'll make the run up to 18,000 ft. and back to Leh.
My friend got called away so I'll be riding solo.

Sure wish it was on my Harley though!

That sounds like an amazing ride - up to 18,000ft?!!! Man, you are going to need some major altitude acclimatization to handle that.
What ride are you going on?

That sounds like an amazing ride - up to 18,000ft?!!! Man, you are going to need some major altitude acclimatization to handle that.
What ride are you going on?

I've been in Srinagar a couple weeks now building up some endurance for higher elevations. The first week of arrival from sea level was exhausting, buty recently made a trip to 9,000 ft ok. If the pass north of Leh is open I'll just make the ride to 18 K, spend an hour or two there and return to 10 K.
Riding on my buddys new 150 cc dirt bike.
If an avalanche doesn't bury me or blow me off the mountain I'll have some good photos!

I've been in Srinagar a couple weeks now building up some endurance for higher elevations. The first week of arrival from sea level was exhausting, buty recently made a trip to 9,000 ft ok. If the pass north of Leh is open I'll just make the ride to 18 K, spend an hour or two there and return to 10 K.
Riding on my buddys new 150 cc dirt bike.
If an avalanche doesn't bury me or blow me off the mountain I'll have some good photos!

Big respect :D!!! We'll be hoping you have a fantastic safe(-ish, with what you're doing there's always an element of risk - it's part of the adventure) ride and we're really looking forward to some amazing photos. Have a great time.

Back