free website stats program Is anyone planning a road trip for next year? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is anyone planning a road trip for next year?

We are hoping to ride from Colorado Springs to Glacier National Park in Montana. Have to work out the logistics of getting the kids and the bike from here to the grandparents in Colorado, then the wife and I taking off from there.

I usually take a weekend trip or two, one of those will be to the Black Hills before the Sturgis price gouging begins.

March to Big Bend National Park
May to Hill Country Texas will be the 6th Annual family riders get together.
June to N.M AZ. and CO.
Jul/Aug to N.M. AZ. CO. UT. WY. MT. and Sturgis S.D.
Oct to OK. and ARK. 'Fall in the Ozarks' family ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
March to Big Bend National Park
May to Hill Country Texas will be the 6th Annual family riders get together.
June to N.M AZ. and CO.
Jul/Aug to N.M. AZ. CO. UT. WY. MT. and Sturgis S.D.
Oct to OK. and ARK. 'Fall in the Ozarks' family ride.

I'm jealous!

Planning on taking the boss to Gatlinburg, TN then spend acouple of days in ashville NC to tour the Builtmore estates and then on to Ft. Mill SC to visit with some friends then head back to Southern Indiana. Anybody have any good suggestions for where to stay. Most times we stay at Days Inn.

PaPa T

I'm jealous!

If you want to join us on the Hill Country ride, you are welcome. We will be staying at the Sunday House (Best Western) in Kerrville just off I-10. We have a block of 10 first floor rooms May 18, 19, and 20th. All riders are family to us and everyone there will have a lot of group riding experience.
We ride down from North Texas and Oklahoma on Friday, ride the 335, 336, 337, (best riding in Texas IMHO) and other roads, YTBD, on Saturday and hang out at Luckenbach Sunday afternoon listening to live music. Never know who is going to show up.:guitar

Ride safe, Life is good

Supposed to hit 60 here today so gotta put this keyboard down and see if 'the old black bike' will fire off, ease down to Strokers and discuss some art work I want on my bike. Being retired is the best job I ever had.

My next big road trip will be the road home in April and then maybe a trip to Sturgis in August.
Ken

If the rains cooperate and we get a good wildflower season. . . .

Will ride from the Phoenix area to Indio to pick up Hwy 74, then up and over the mountains through Lake Elsinore to San Juan Capistrano. From there, south to the San Diego area to see a friend then northeast to Julian, east to the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park for the flowers, around the Salton Sea, and home.

Could be a two day trip but better in three or four.

I want to go to Sturgis 2012 preferrably the week prior to maybe mid-week of event. I'm not a big partier, like to ride and experience the roads and scenery more. Camping, hotel, doesn't matter. Currently in AFGHAN but will be back end of June. If anyone from Central Texas area is going and looking for additional rider to help share expenses please email me:

thanks

Trying to plan a trip from Central Alabama to San Diego this fall. I'm really hoping to get to the Grand Canyon and a slew of other sights along the way.

Back