free website stats program Is anyone planning a road trip for next year? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is anyone planning a road trip for next year?

Going to do the Natchez Trace next year. Got route done now need to find places to spend the nights going from Natchez to Nashville.

Now the New Year is here and all the bad stuff from 2011 is mostly taken care of, I’m thinking of taking another cross country adventure to California sometime around June or July. My trip in 2010 was 9508 miles and 27 days on the road. If I take this trek, I want to get west of the Mississippi River quicker than I did last time. There won’t be much of a plan again this time either and I’ll just end up wherever I stop at the end of the day. I reckon I’ll do it by myself again, although it would have been nice to share the experience with someone else. Of the few people I infrequently ride with, none of them would like my riding style for that kind of mileage, so it’s probably better to go it alone. There are some people here on HDT that I plan on stopping by to say howdy to as well as the ones that I saw almost two years ago. My little computer is still working perfectly, so I’ll try and document the trip like I did last time. Maybe I’ll see you out there.

Planning a trip to Germany to Hamburg Harley days,then down to Holzminden near Hamlyn,Then across to the Harz mountains to Goslar(Rommels hq for a while)then down to Dresden,up to Berlin,then home via Hannover,and my buddy in Belgium..Countrys beeing rode thru BELGIUM,FRANCE,HOLLAND,&GERMANY (obviously)(might be popping over to Prague during the Dresden visit) Total of 1500-2000 miles round trip(and NO hotels) small time for my American brothers, and for a lot of my european bretheren,but a sizeable one for me.Hopefully, not on my own finances permiting of course,but I'm saving madley.Total cost I estimate,all in....around the £600-£800 mark,depending on ones taste for the local delicays.

St Tropez, Auvergne volcano region, Alsace Lorraine,Black Forest, back thru Champagne region.
Don't know about tomorrows ride yet.

Some buddies of mine and I are planning a ride for June 2012. Route is still subject to change.

We'll leave Phoenix and head through NE AZ to Gallup, NM. From there we'll go north to Durango CO, that's day 1. Day 2 is N from Durango on the Million Dollar Highway, then up through western Colorado to US 40, where we'll cut through the NE corner of Utah to Rock Springs WY. Day 3 is Rock Springs to Jackson Hole. Day 4 is Jackson Hole through Yellowstone to Bozeman, MT. Day 5 is Bozeman west through Butte to the Bitteroot Valley of MT. Day 6 is Wisdom MT south through central Idaho to Twin Falls. Day 7 is Twin Falls east to Soda Springs, Idaho. Day 8 is Soda Springs south into Utah, then Hwy 89 to Kanab UT. Day 8 is Kanab UT to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, then to Flagstaff. Day 9 is Flagstaff to Phoenix.

Day 9 is intentionally short because the point of spending the night in Flagstaff (only 180 miles from home) is to get a very early start the next day to get back to Phoenix before it really gets hot. Afternoon temps that time of year in Phoenix are 110+, and it's no fun riding in that kind of heat.

Some buddies of mine and I are planning a ride for June 2012. Route is still subject to change.

We'll leave Phoenix and head through NE AZ to Gallup, NM. From there we'll go north to Durango CO, that's day 1. Day 2 is N from Durango on the Million Dollar Highway, then up through western Colorado to US 40, where we'll cut through the NE corner of Utah to Rock Springs WY. Day 3 is Rock Springs to Jackson Hole. Day 4 is Jackson Hole through Yellowstone to Bozeman, MT. Day 5 is Bozeman west through Butte to the Bitteroot Valley of MT. Day 6 is Wisdom MT south through central Idaho to Twin Falls. Day 7 is Twin Falls east to Soda Springs, Idaho. Day 8 is Soda Springs south into Utah, then Hwy 89 to Kanab UT. Day 8 is Kanab UT to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, then to Flagstaff. Day 9 is Flagstaff to Phoenix.

Day 9 is intentionally short because the point of spending the night in Flagstaff (only 180 miles from home) is to get a very early start the next day to get back to Phoenix before it really gets hot. Afternoon temps that time of year in Phoenix are 110+, and it's no fun riding in that kind of heat.

I love to ride as much as the next person but 9 consecutive days might be too much. I'd schedule at least 1 or 2 down days, especially since you never know what you're going to run into mechanically with the bikes or weather wise.

Back