free website stats program Is a Sportster a "real" Harley? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is a Sportster a "real" Harley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Chevy S-10 , Ford Ranger and the Dodge Dakota real trucks?? -YES !!!

So ride on SPORTY DUDES and DUDETTES and be safe doing it !!!!!

is a corvette any less a chevy than a 1 ton dually. i have freinds that will ride nothing but a sportster. ask them if they have a harley.

If they don't thinks its a real Harley ask them why it says Harley Davidson on the VIN tag, or why it says Harley DAvidson on the tank, Its a real Harley and has its purpose as everyone else has stated so don't let these people bother you. I had an o3 883 that I took apart the first winter I owned it and put Buell heads, screamin eagle cams, the inside of the carb and intake was polished etc.. what a running machine, I traded it in 06 for a classic, I sure wish I still owned that Harley as a second bike. check the pictures I have of the bike

I'm one of those guys that won't ride anything else. I've owned my Sporty for 19 years and it still puts a smile on my face and I still look longingly at it when parked. Try as I might with the other models, I still end up looking at Sporty's at the dealer. It suits my style, it fits me and it is MORE of a real bike than many others out there with it's long heritage and great looks.

It's the same crap back home there called a womens harley,now ladies that is a quote not an opinion so have mercy on me.for two years before i moved here i was riding A 96 XLR 1200 sporty,i bought it in 2000 from a main dealer with 2400km on board,i alway's had a thing about them especialy the XLR tear drop tank.mini pull back handlebars and because it was pre emession law's the pipes were HD slashcut's.Now i ride dyna street bob,i often loudly refer to her as my BIG SPORTY,other dyna owners are not impressed at all.To answere your question is they are not a real HD.SPORTERS are HARLEY'S just like all the model's .RIDE WITH PRIDE.(I DID)

Since the Sporty was in my price range I have it. I love everything about it and the history behind it. I wish I could get an add"l one to ride in the rain...

It is as I suspected, I do indeed own a "real" Harley! Just so happens that most people who tell me my Sporty is not a real Harley do not have a Harley! I ask them why not? The reply is always the same: I dont have the money for one or I can't afford one. Well....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back