free website stats program Is 37 MPG Respectable? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 37 MPG Respectable?

37 MPG from combo City and Highway,, Pre O2 sensor feedback,, a 5 speed tranny,,with non-computer spark advance curves. I would say your doing Great.:)

In a pure 5th gear highway run you would certainly break 40 MPG.. Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy!

I've got my 99 ElectraGlide for about a month now. Stage one. I've got 47, 45 and 43 respectively on the three tanks of gas. I drive suburban streets with an average speed of 40mph and several intersections. It is also a twin cam 88 with FI.

Thanks for replies bike runs perfect no complaints there so I can live with 37 mpg
WAP.gif

2004 Ultra with 95" factory upgrade, Rineheart true duals, SE air filter, and Power Commander... I'm getting about 35mpg.

I'm pretty steady at 42 highway with a Stage 1. That was last year - this year you can divide by zero. Bike's still in storage.

Wanted to know what others thought .I have been getting around 37 mpg.
99 road king classic fuel injection
88 twin cam
stage 1 air cleaner
power commander
samson slip ons.
Ride 30 miles each way to work each day on freeway at 70 mph and around town a little and average about 37 mpg.
What kind of gas? Try different or better gas and see what you get.

Is that E10? If so, you might get 10% better with 100% gas. Chevron is top tier gas so you have the best additive package available to keep injectors clean. How hard do you accelerate? In typical suburban/country road operation I get a little over 40 on an 08 RK. Highway/interstate driving at 70+ can lower that into the 30s. Add a headwind and it is around 35 mpg. Your mileage might not be optimum, but it does sound typical. See:
Top Tier Gasoline for top tier gas.

Back