free website stats program Irked ! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Irked !

Been there brother! I bought my '03 Ultra at 56 years of age. I am 57 now. That year I dropped her twice! Not while riding (thank God!!) but by maneuvering it and having it go past center line where I couldn't hold it up and down she went!! :( Fortunately it lands on the floorboards so to my amazement there wasn't any real scratches to be seen. This year, I like to think that I have learned from my mistakes ( I hope-but ya never know!) and haven't tipped her over at all.
You say you took the riders edge course? I never did. Can you make a "full locked turn" that I hear some of these fellows can make? I can't! :( I wish I could, but I can't. Maybe I'm to scared to put her down again.

I did put a scuff mark on my gas tank when I was getting off the bike and I lazily brought my foot over only to have scuffed the gas tank. My heart sank! I felt really bad. I was really glad when I used a product that removes light scratches and it work!! Now I am super mindful when I get off (or on) the bike!!

Horizonchaser, no one feels a "full locked turn" is a necessity for a new rider...but practical wise, it is the best measure of how well you "feel" about your skill set from an "instinctive rider" point of view. If you practice in an empty parking lot (hopefully nearby, so you do this often or at least seasonally) you WILL feel better and be prepared for those tougher times we do not forsee in our many travels...the construction detour that takes you in gravel doing tight turns and such. Also, have to keep that skill set up for riding with your significant others's sake...it gets better PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE...:D

Maybe this hasn't happened to you, but this really burns me up.

I was taking a package off of my rear fender rack and I'm thinking. "hang onto that bungy cord, it could scratch your paint if it gets away"...
INVARIABLE, the cottonpicker did just that due to me being a dummy.

A "runaway" bungy cord can make a boo boo, blemish, scratch, nick, marr, some sort of violation to your finish. Just ask me.

And I ain't had this dude a month yet.:(

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRHHHHHHH

(sorry Glider had to vent)

Ok, most people will not notice, but the 2 little "nicks" can be seen, and moreso it's the "principle" of the whole matter. I did it to myself. OOOH!:(

Had much the same thing happen. I was putting on my new Sundowner seat. Unlike the stock seat where you put the strap on after the seat, the strap for the Sundowner goes on first and you then have to fit the seat underneath it. You put it on my fitting the back end of the seat under the strap and then move it backward. I kept telling myself "watch out for the bracket on the end of the seat or you'll scratch the rear fender." And, of course, one moment of inattention while wrestling with it and scratched the rear fender. Curses, etc. followed. Fortunately, the seat covers the scratch but it still bothers me.

Been there with the first mark/scratch, out checking tire pressures thought I had stuck the gauge in my pocket with it clipped on my pocket bent over front fender to take off the cover of the air valve and it falls out of my pocket and I watched it fall in slow motion(anyone ever notice this when something bad is going to happen?) then heard the metallic ping as it hit my front fender and put a nice scratch in my fender. It was hardly noticable but I knew it was there.

Tonight I took the liberty of measuring the damage I posted about. On the very top where the rear fender breaks over. One "nick" 1/8th of an inch long the width of the mark on a tape-measure. Across on the other side, where that portion of the fender breaks over, One "nick" 3/32nds of an inch long the width of the mark on a tape-measure. Yeah I know...could have been worse.

I'm still IRKED, will take some time for me to "move on".

Usage = dings and scratches. I am just letting mine accumulate with the miles and then when it begins to look really bad I will repaint it.

But , it still hurts when I do something that scratches it up!!

Back