free website stats program Irked ! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Irked !

awwwwwwwww that ain't nothing.. my first Motorcycle i got at age 58...never been on a Motorcycle in my life...and of course at 58 i had to have a big bike...well the y delivered it and in 5 minutes i had it laying on the ground...won't say what I said ...but am sure y'all got a imagination ....i did say to myself....WoW this is heavy....and yeah the next step was to take the riders edge course...when help tons...but all i will say..Its been down a couple of times after that also...lol

Been there brother! I bought my '03 Ultra at 56 years of age. I am 57 now. That year I dropped her twice! Not while riding (thank God!!) but by maneuvering it and having it go past center line where I couldn't hold it up and down she went!! :( Fortunately it lands on the floorboards so to my amazement there wasn't any real scratches to be seen. This year, I like to think that I have learned from my mistakes ( I hope-but ya never know!) and haven't tipped her over at all.
You say you took the riders edge course? I never did. Can you make a "full locked turn" that I hear some of these fellows can make? I can't! :( I wish I could, but I can't. Maybe I'm to scared to put her down again.

I did put a scuff mark on my gas tank when I was getting off the bike and I lazily brought my foot over only to have scuffed the gas tank. My heart sank! I felt really bad. I was really glad when I used a product that removes light scratches and it work!! Now I am super mindful when I get off (or on) the bike!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel bad; less than a month after I got my bike I dropped battery pack from a weed eater and put about a 2 inch dent in my front fender.

That’s the beauty of riding an old bike. Mine has so many battle scars that another ding or scratch simply adds to her personality.

I buff the scratches out of mine first cleaning after they happen,if it's a deep scratch I sand it,get out my touch up gun,blend and re clear.

I had a bungy cord snap on my 1970 FXE. Since then I only use the "loop type" of cord. They have one plastic ball on one end. You can combine units to fit almost any circumstance. Only one end can cause damage and that end is usually placed "UNDER" the turn signal post. I found them at Wal-mart and they are not expensive. I usually carry a few extra in the saddle bags.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 14
Back