free website stats program Irked ! | Harley Davidson Forums

Irked !

Randall K. Wilson

Maybe this hasn't happened to you, but this really burns me up.

I was taking a package off of my rear fender rack and I'm thinking. "hang onto that bungy cord, it could scratch your paint if it gets away"...
INVARIABLE, the cottonpicker did just that due to me being a dummy.

A "runaway" bungy cord can make a boo boo, blemish, scratch, nick, marr, some sort of violation to your finish. Just ask me.

And I ain't had this dude a month yet.:(

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRHHHHHHH

(sorry Glider had to vent)

Ok, most people will not notice, but the 2 little "nicks" can be seen, and moreso it's the "principle" of the whole matter. I did it to myself. OOOH!:(

Look at the bright side, now you don't have to worry about putting the first scratch, or whatever on her.

Now get on and ride! After you put some touch up on the damage.

It's always the first one that hurts the most:s

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRHHHHHHH

(sorry Glider had to vent)

Ok, most people will not notice, but the 2 little "nicks" can be seen, and moreso it's the "principle" of the whole matter. I did it to myself. OOOH!:(

No problem you did it without any offensive language.:D

Too bad about that first mark, I know it must have really bothered you.

Sorry to hear you got a mark on your girl. The first ones always the hardest.

And no matter how many times it happens, it still "IRKS" you when it does!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The clear coat on these bikes is rather thick and can be wet sanded and polished out if the scratch isn't too deep like to the color coat but it's best done by a professional.

Trust me - it's happened to all of us. Bungee cords, jacket zippers, boot buckles, etc. There's tons of stuff out there just waiting for the opportunity to scratch and mar your baby. You just have to hope when it happens, it's relatively minor and you learn from it.

awwwwwwwww that ain't nothing.. my first Motorcycle i got at age 58...never been on a Motorcycle in my life...and of course at 58 i had to have a big bike...well the y delivered it and in 5 minutes i had it laying on the ground...won't say what I said ...but am sure y'all got a imagination ....i did say to myself....WoW this is heavy....and yeah the next step was to take the riders edge course...when help tons...but all i will say..Its been down a couple of times after that also...lol

Back