free website stats program IQ test | Harley Davidson Forums

IQ test

glider

Veteran Member
Mensa is an organization whose members have an IQ of 140 or higher. A few years ago, there was a Mensa convention in San Francisco and several members lunched at a local cafe.
While dining, they discovered that their salt shaker contained pepper and their pepper shaker was full of salt. How could they swap the contents of the bottles without spilling anything and using only the implements at hand? Clearly, this was a job for Mensa! The group debated and presented ideas and finally came up with a brilliant solution involving a napkin, a straw and an empty saucer. They called the waitress over to dazzle her with their solution.
"Ma'am," they said, "we couldn't help but notice that the pepper shaker contains salt and the salt shaker..."
"Oh," the waitress interrupted. "Sorry about that." She unscrewed the caps of both bottles and switched them.
Just goes to show ya!

Reminds me of a story I heard about Edison test for prospective engineers.. He'd give them one of his light bulbs & ask them to calculate the volume of water it would hold. The guy that broke off the base & filled it with water would get hired...

Reminds me of a story I heard about Edison test for prospective engineers.. He'd give them one of his light bulbs & ask them to calculate the volume of water it would hold. The guy that broke off the base & filled it with water would get hired...

Geez, I would have pushed the bulb into a beaker of water to see how much water it had displaced after I removed it. A little messy but old Tom would still have a functioning light bulb. But, I guess I wouldn't have been hired... :(

Back