free website stats program IPod Mount | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

IPod Mount

Make sure it's one specifically designed for the unique size and slope of the FLHX windshield. I grabbed one cheap off of ebay and it stuck out on the sides. Got a T-Bag version from Eglide Goodies that fits perfect.

I was looking at the 2 pocket fairing pouch from the Harley Catalog says it fits the low profile windshields. for Electra Glides and Street Glides
pn#58928-08.
I will check out the T-Bag version.

Pops

I put a strong "locking tooth patch" on back of ipod and on top of brake resevoir
and run a 14 inch aux cord around handlebars to aux port...the stuff is like velcro only it has no soft side just two sides of "locking teeth"...easy on and off to put in pocket when getting fuel and inside stores for a minute...cost: $2.59 for locking patch and $4.25 for aux cord. Will not fly off due to its location behind fairing...doesnt even take wind. Had it like this for almost 10,000 mi no problems.

From what I have seen and used, the simplest solutions for this are the best. All the marketed solutions are to busy on the bike for me. I use the arm band that fits my Nano and wrap it around the bar right by the brake cylinder and plug right into the Aux input. Quick, clean and CHEAP. Also EZ on and off. If you check around, most people come up with ideas that are better than the marketed devices and work much better. Look better too IMO.

I use the same set up as Walleye, but on the clutch side. Works great

I have an xm setup on my brake master cylinder, so I bought an armband type holder for the nano, I wrap it around the xm works fine.....

btw..that t-bag bag is hard to find, its on backorder everywhere I look.

picked up a IPOD safe. Don't remember but it wasn't to much. Ran the cable threw were the regular mirrors bolted. worked good for me.

I just can't see spending $75 for what I can do for $3 and work as well. And it is cleaner and gone when my ipod is off. I will stick with my arm band wrap on the bars. JMHO.

I mounted mine on the SG on the left side next to the unused switches with velcro. I took a coathanger with a string attached and carefully guided it through the fairing where the bars entered, then used the string to pull the aux cable back through. The nano is black, so you don't even notice it, so I never take i off the bike and the cable is completely concealed except for the plug.

Back