free website stats program IPod Mount | Harley Davidson Forums

IPod Mount

pops55

Need to mount my Ipod nano on my Street Glide. what type of mounts are good to use.

Pops

Not the highest tech or prettiest solution but cheap - I zip tied the belt portion of my IPOD holder to the handlebar just inboard of the brake master cylinder. It's black so you hardly even notice it and it works like a charm.

Not the highest tech or prettiest solution but cheap - I zip tied the belt portion of my IPOD holder to the handlebar just inboard of the brake master cylinder. It's black so you hardly even notice it and it works like a charm.

Nice idea! I may have to try that one.

I was using the mount that Kuryakyn has, but the angle is not adjustbable so I had trouble seeing the screen when needed. I've replaced that mount with a cup holder, so now I just put my mp3 in my windshield pouch.

Nice idea! I may have to try that one.

I was using the mount that Kuryakyn has, but the angle is not adjustbable so I had trouble seeing the screen when needed. I've replaced that mount with a cup holder, so now I just put my mp3 in my windshield pouch.

Windshield pouch would work just fine also. I didn't have my pouches yet when I came up with my "caveman" solution.

Thanks everybody for all the ideas. I think I will try the widshield pouch. I'm going to pick that up soon, I miss not having a pouch, have it on my other bike.

Pops

Thanks everybody for all the ideas. I think I will try the widshield pouch. I'm going to pick that up soon, I miss not having a pouch, have it on my other bike.

Pops

Make sure it's one specifically designed for the unique size and slope of the FLHX windshield. I grabbed one cheap off of ebay and it stuck out on the sides. Got a T-Bag version from Eglide Goodies that fits perfect.

After an E Caddy and some other attempts I've found a simple velcro set up to work best.Especialy with the Streetglide.With no handlebar mounted mirrors there is a large flat spot wide open on the left grip side.
I run my mp3 cable around the front fork and up the clutch cable.Neet,clean cheep works great.

From what I have seen and used, the simplest solutions for this are the best. All the marketed solutions are to busy on the bike for me. I use the arm band that fits my Nano and wrap it around the bar right by the brake cylinder and plug right into the Aux input. Quick, clean and CHEAP. Also EZ on and off. If you check around, most people come up with ideas that are better than the marketed devices and work much better. Look better too IMO.

Back