free website stats program IPOD mount | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

IPOD mount

I went through this as well and after looking at every mp3 mount I could find I descided on the E Caddy light from J&P.Anything that has a clip on it will mount to it.

For 1" handlebars J

How does this work for you? Do you like it? What is the "Ultra Secure" (is it a small screw?

I was looking at the other E Caddy Lite that bolts onto existing control bolts.

eCaddy Lite for Harley-Davidson - Chrome mount for phone, iPod, MP3, PDA, toll, etc.)

Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts?

kingsand, I bought a plastic clip at a bike show in Michigan that works great. Can't find the wrapper though,I'll post if/when I find the name. It snaps on the handle bar and has a rubber pad that stuck to the bar first to keep it from moving. 1 year and works . It is a small square box shape that any belt clip will fit into. i-pod cell phone, anything that uses a belt clip. $5 made in michigan

Great ideas on mounting, but what do all you handlebar-fairing mounters do to protect your ipods and phones from the rain, the wet, the snow (hey it happens)?

Great ideas on mounting, but what do all you handlebar-fairing mounters do to protect your ipods and phones from the rain, the wet, the snow (hey it happens)?

I put mine in the saddlebags if its raining. Don't need any distractions on wet roads.

I have to admit, I don't listen to music much anymore, but I find I'm liking having tunes on the bike. I can't wait until I get my higher windshield and can actually hear them when I'm moving (lol).
So let me ask, not having ever burned a song to a CD and not owning an IPod... is there an advantage to messing with mounting the IPod and having the cable, over burning your songs to a CD and having everything neatly tucked away? Is the number of songs the only advantage?

Thanks

Is my question above too much of a personal choice question, or is there some simple answer I am not seeing because I am not as up on this stuff as I once was?
Or am I hijacking the thread and need to ask this in a separate thread (lol)?
Inquiring minds want to know.... I thought it was a legitimate question. It seems to me that having a disc tucked away in the factory CD player and the controls at your fingertips would be above having a separate device mounted to your handlebars, but I really don't know. :^/

I think the CD vs IPOD is just a personal choice. Me, I wouldn't want to mess with having to change the CD every 45 minutes, and having a bunch of them in my bag. Plus, I don't know, but I feel there may be a vibration/bump issue with the CD. I've never tried a CD in my bike, but that's what I think. Maybe someone else can give their actual experience with CD's.

Thanks for replying playhard. I hadn't thought about the vibration issue. Very good point.
I thought you could fit more music on a CD than 45 minutes, too. It's making more sense to me know (lol).

ETA: I just saw your reply biglew... that's what I was talking about. I thought you could load more music onto a CD than the conventional "album" of music. After fiddling with the radio trying to find something decent to listen to, a CD left in place would be perfect for me.

Last edited:
Playhard, you can burn a MP3 CD with hours of music to play if you have software such as iTunes or Windows Media Palyer or....

Here is a link for you:
loading a CD with tunes - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks biglew.

I have tried to burn CD's from my itunes and been limited to 45-50 minutes.....now that I think about it I believe it is because I set the quality level to CD...instead of just setting it as a MP3. I'll check into it. Certainly is a good idea to leave one multi-purpose CD inside the unit for when I forget the Ipod, or tire of the radio.

Why not just make a data CD and copy the MP3 files directly to it?

Back