free website stats program IPOD mount | Harley Davidson Forums

IPOD mount

kingsand

Just bought a 09 flhx and want to mount an ipod. Just wondering what mounts people have used and if they like them or not. Was thinking of putting velcro on the tank, but that does not look to good. thanks

Ram mount on the handle bars. I can switch from IPOD, GPS, or Cup holder. Rock solid product with good customer support. I ordered the IPOD and they send me the wrong one. Called and told them I was leaving on vacation and needed it. They overnighted one and sent extra mounts and replacement parts for the trouble. :cheers

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

Last edited:
Kuryakin has a handlebar mount w/ 3x5 plate in chrome for about $50. Make sure to get the right size clamp to mount on your bar.

It has multiple slots vertical & horiszontal so velcro "belt strap" can wrap and secure the unit. I used a belt loop 3x5 zip case to host the GPS, but it can work with any belt loop zip case.

Last edited:
This is one of those areas you can spend almost nothing (keep it in your coat pocket) up to $100 or more for a fancy, sturdy, multi-use device. You have to decide what's too tacky or what's way too much money. I tended toward the low end and zip-tied the female part of an IPOD belt holder to my right handlebar. Works great and not real noticeable unless you're really looking for it. If you want to go higher cost/quality, try one of the vendors already mentioned or do a Google search for "motorcycle IPOD mount" and you should have plenty to look at.

thanks for all the input. Right now i am doing the coat pocket deal, but wanted something a little more permanent. the 09s dont vibrate as much at idle, but didnt know if it was still to much shaking for the ipod. By the way, great site you have here. First time posting, but have read almost every thread on here.

Ram mount on the handle bars. I can switch from IPOD, GPS, or Cup holder. Rock solid product with good customer support. I ordered the IPOD and they send me the wrong one. Called and told them I was leaving on vacation and needed it. They overnighted one and sent extra mounts and replacement parts for the trouble. :cheers

RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

I go to RAM and enter my info, shows no match. 2009 Ultra (tried 08 as well) IPOD Nano 3rd gen. No match. You will be surprised how few there are to choose from for the Nano 3rd Gen. Like none.

I bought a cell phone kit with belt clip and dash mount. It has a little round button with 3m tape, (put that on the back of the ipod), and a little plastic clip with 3m tape (put this on my inner fairing). It just slides down in the holder, and I can remove it when I stop in about 2 seconds. I went to radio shack and got an extra dash clip and put it in my truck. Now I can take the ipod anyplace with a universal clip. Cost me about 6 bucks total, and when its not on the bike, the dash clip is black and blends right in.

Back