free website stats program IPod Kit & Sirius Kit? At the same time? | Harley Davidson Forums

IPod Kit & Sirius Kit? At the same time?

BandT

I have a question. Can you have the Sirius radio kit and the IPod radio kit both wired in at the same time on a factory HD radio? Mine is a 2012 Ultra Classic. Im just wondering if it is possible.

I cant answer your specific question because I dont own a UC. I do know that you nedd two separate aux. inputs on the radio to do this without disconnecting and reconnecting wires somewhere. If you do have two aux. inputs available then you should be fine.

You might be able to hide an a/b switch in the bags or if the are both av cables the you can just get a "y" splitter for the aux input.
WAP.gif

this is very frustrating. they put this subpar radio on the bike and then charge you out the yin yang to get the simple things most radios come with standard. Anyone gone aftermarket?

I had an 08 Ultra w/ HK radio, and used a XM radio and iPod. I agree you can only plug an iPod and an XM radio by using a Y connector wired into the back of the radio.

I had problems with the stock HK radio (water shorted out the display after riding in a downpour), and replaced the stock radio with an in-dash Sony from Biketronics. The Sony had a USB port, so I could just take my tunes along on trips on a simple 4G USB drive and left the iPod at home (One less thing to mount).

Hope this helps.

I have a question. Can you have the Sirius radio kit and the IPod radio kit both wired in at the same time on a factory HD radio? Mine is a 2012 Ultra Classic. Im just wondering if it is possible.

Yes, the radio can have two modules mounted on top of it.

Back