free website stats program Iphone | Harley Davidson Forums

Iphone

bobthecop

I am new here and thought the electrical area would be the correct area for this question, does anyone make a hardwire iphone charger, I have a 1998 Road King, and I really don't want to install a cigarette lighter type plug. I just want to charge the phone, I don't want to watch it while riding. (One of the beneifts of riding for me).

Don't know if you are looking for a charger or a hook up for a charger.

If it's the hook up to charge the phone, you can adapt the charger to a battery tender lead if you have one. If not you can add on very easily.

I have the battery tender, and I was wondering if there is some sort of voltage reducer in the car charger plug, or can you just splice the wire from the charger plug to a tender type plug end.

Most modern mobile phones work on 5 volts this is so that they are compatible with computer usb sockets the 12 volt system of the bike would possibly fry your phone
The car type phone chargers have an electronics pack built into them to reduce voltage to what is required for the phone
i have a short lead that plugs into the battery charger pigtail with a lighter type socket on the other end i put it in the saddlebag and connect the phone using a car charger for the phone
i made my short lead myself with components i picked up from and electrical store

Brian

Back