free website stats program Iowa in march | Harley Davidson Forums

Iowa in march

BOWHIKER

I can't believe the weather we've been having here in March , yesterday was a high of 81 . I normally don't even thing of getting the bike out until the middle of April but I got it out last weekend . I rode yesterday and today to work . I moved to Ankeny in Dec. of 1996 , March 2nd 1997 we had a massive blizzard , it was so bad the street I lived on was blocked for 2 days . Cith snow plows couldn't clear the street , they had to bring in big end loaders with buckets because the drifts were up to 10 feet high . I'll take 80 degree weather in March any time .

Same in NE to your West...thanks Bowhiker - now we're doomed for another end-Mar "storm-of-the-century"...JK...:s

Several years ago, we had a snow storm on the 2nd of April. It managed to dump 36 inches in one day. We had 3 out of 4 BIG snowplow trucks stuck for 6-8 hours. I can remember while being stuck, thinking man it would be nice to live where I could ride all year! It wasn't until the middle of April before we could ride. It has been so nice this year I have seen riders out in February! as my Dad who has Altheimers has mentioned a few times.....Maybe to many people are being born on the wrong side of the earth, and everything is changing. mmmmm, US in New York ride all year?....yea baby! heh he heh !

BRIAN

I never imagined being able to put over 500 miles on the bike since January... I'm afraid all this nice weather is going to lead to yard work which takes away from my riding time!

I have a feeling us northerners are going to have to pay for this easy winter. We're not meant to have it this easy.

Not liking the way Mother Nature's currently spreading her fury across the plains & SE...hope we survive the spring threat...

Back