free website stats program **Internet Scam**/**Cashier Check Scam** | Harley Davidson Forums

**Internet Scam**/**Cashier Check Scam**

Harley38

Hi All, I just got hit with this one so I am posting this to make everyone aware of an internet scam and cashier check scam that is going around. I was contacted about my Dyna that I have for sale and after responding to his initial email the second email I received was as follows:

Hello,

How are you today? Hope you are great. My client and I are based in England. My client informed me that the bike would be shipped along with other properties he purchased to his daughter who resides in Canada. He is buying it to present as a gift to his daughter and son in-law whom he missed their wedding ceremony because of his health condition.

I am very happy to tell you that we have concluded with our client and he has instructed me to carry on with the transaction. He said that I should inform you that the payment will get to you in a cashier check of ($19,500) which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.
Due to company policy, this check has to be made out in this amount
($19,500) to you, because company policy only allows a refund payment on one cashier check, so you are required to deduct cost of your bike ($13,000] when the payment gets to you and refund balance [$6,500] to my customer's Agent, for the agent to be able to offset all shipping and handling bills, clear off taxes and offset all related cost for the bike pickup.

After payment has reached you and balance sent back to his agent - the agent would contact the PICKUP AGENT-who will come for the pickup of the bike to be shipped to my client. My client is making necessary arrangement with some of the agent(s) and will provide me with the pickup/test driver agent information as soon as he decides whom to use as an Agent for the pickup of the bike.

Please confirm this whole arrangement and provide the details below for check payment to be delivered to you.

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

1. LEGAL NAME IN FULL.........

2. FULL ADDRESS..........

3. PHONE NUMBER (S).................

Thanks for your time, effort and anticipated cooperation.

Regards
Alfonso Rincon
+447024030999
+447024020336

So, that email doesn't settle well with me. I Google the phone numbers and the search brings back several posting from ScamBook and a couple other sites where people have been hit with a very similar email scam.

It appears he is crawling ads for vehicles that are for sale and trying to buy vehicles with fraudulent cashiers checks. He changes his name frequently, but the body of the email is pretty consistent.

Needless to say, I didn't respond. So, I am posting this to share with the group and make everyone aware and as a little reminder, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Oh, and my Dyna is still for sale:D

Re: **Internet Scam**/**Chashier Check Scam**

Yep...typical cashier's check scam where they send you the initial request & it's always a larger set amount. Then by the time you cash & forward their overage...they've got your $$$ & you're out the difference & sometimes more...steer clear.

I see responses similar to this one on Craigslist all the time. Either in response to an item that was for sale or items I had for sale. When the story is just too grand, like this. Its a scam. I have a special reply for these folks. I would have to ban myself if I were to share it. :D
Thanks for posting, hopefully it will save someone from losing their hard earned money.

had the same thing happen to me a few years ago only out of africa. i got the cahsiers check from AFRICA they wanted me to cash it & send they the remaining $$. of course it was a scam. i didn't send any $$. & waited till it cleared the bank. called the FBI & they said if i didn't loose any monet then they would let africa handle it. i also had their personal phone number.
so beware!!

Thanks for the heads-up. I personally haven't seen this one [yet] but do get the ones from Africa sometimes wanting your bank account so they can 'deposit' money into it because you are the last surving relitive. Sometimes I like to mess with them and drag things out. Anyway, thanks again for the heads-up.

Thanks for the head up Harley38. The corrective action would be very pain staking. Might want to also block the address of sender..

These sort of scams have been going for a few years now and it is good that we do get a reminder from any member that has been approached in this way just to remind us all to be on our guard when anything hits the inbox

Brian

Thanks all. Yep, just wanted to put it out there of what happened to me and let folks see a sample of the bogus email.

Advertising these is the best prevention...hope you have good luck w/the bike sale & no more scammer offers.

Yes, these have been around for awhile, ever noticed how badly the content of english is in these scams.

Back