free website stats program Intermittentently my fuel pump wont come on | Harley Davidson Forums

Intermittentently my fuel pump wont come on

I have a 2011 Super Glide with almost 8000 miles on it. this passed fall I installed a Deltran battery tender lead on the bike and now sometimes the fuel pump light comes on but the pump wont come on. I thought I fixed it when I took the Deltran eyelet out from between the battery cable and the battery but two weeks later it started happening again but now even when the bike starts the fuel pump light stays on and the bike stays running.

Any Ideas would be Appreciated

sometimes the fuel pump light comes on but the pump wont come on. but now even when the bike starts the fuel pump light stays on and the bike stays running.

The fuel pump light means your low on fuel (on reserve. Last gallon). It has nothing to do with the electric fuel pump motor actually running.
Regardless of what the fuel pump light says,,, if the engine is running, the fuel pump must be running.

Are you are referring to the yellow light that comes on when the Ign. switch is turned on with the Run/Kill switch on? That is a Check Engine light. If it is staying on after start up then you have an engine code.
tourbox

Do you know if the codes stay on the computer so they can be read later on?

Historical codes stay for 50 engine cycles. Current codes will stay forever if the fault remains or is not corrected. Perform a WOW test and you should see the codes. Self Help area at top of page has the procedure. Codes are grouped according to device errors.

Back